Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are different subspecies and the crossing of 2 subspecies creats a hybrid.

Call them what you want Hornet but I can assure you that if there happens to be a successful mating, there will be no killing going on. Like ponybug says they have as much right to live as any animal.

its prob not ethecial to kill natives
it is annoying if you are in peoples like my situation'

I breed and sell turtles

now if people are breeding and selling crosses as pures

i am the one to loose custom now aint i

there is already very very little money in turtles
with the average price on a long neck being twenty to thirty bucks to a pet shop in melboune

i have nothing against people doing it for themselves, but selling is a different story

Sorry hornet but i think its really aweful to say smash the eggs, theyre native turtles, whether they be a cross or not, they are still a naturally occurring cross in the wild. Im glad your not smashing the eggs mrdestiny. Also i think you be able to sell them, as long as your selling them as macquarii gunabarra x macquarii kreffi. They are both Macquarii, and most people wont care what they are, theyre stoked enough to get their own little turtle hatchling. Theres not alot of money in turtles at all, not even some of the rarer restricted ones. Our pet stores sell your averagehatchling hmurray shortneck and hatchling eastern longneck for $100-$140+. I'm sure whatever you do, you'll do the best thing by the little turts. :)

What does someone that cares do? They couldnt really trust anyone becaus they might not actually know they have hybrids.

i guess it s like anything
before you buy ne thing
do your reaserchm only buy from trusted sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back