Damn that stinks !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobermanmick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got home today to a nice aroma in the house
I checked my enclosures and found one of my coastals had decided it no
longer wanted the rat i had fed it 2 days ago and chucked it up .
Its the first time i have ever had this happen although it was a big meal for her A small adult rat for a 1mt yearling coastal Her sister kept hers down though . 8)

Lol same happened to me the first few times...that's why I make Souly do it now :lol:

Mick just make sure you give her a few weeks before you try feeding her again. If you feed her too soon after regurgitation it can screw her up and cause chronic regurgitation.

Ive had that happen once before and its got to be on of the worst things ive ever smelt .... disgusting ,just the thought of it makes me feel sick in the guts.

You think the smell is bad...Imagine the taste coming up :(

I allmost threw up 2. It didt happend 2 me but it happend 2 a friend.

Ive had that happen once before and its got to be on of the worst things ive ever smelt .... disgusting ,just the thought of it makes me feel sick in the guts.
I'm with you here, Swampie. The worst thing I've EVER smelt. And usually I'm cool with any sort of goopy, smelly stuff created by animals. Humans, now that's a different matter entirely

Think the rats bad Mick? A few months before blocker died i had a week worth of digestion of a whole 1kg chicken come back up, now that bad boy stank real bad!!!

If only you could bottle that smell, and sell it. You would be rich..... :roll:

Hey Mick,

I did a snake rescue for WIRES a couple of years ago for a python that somone tried to hit with a shovel. The second day he was with me he spewed up a bird whihc i think may have been a Cormorant. To my disgust and horror there were thousands of very large and very long bright red worms all over it. My first experience as to why we should worm snakes. As i was on the telephone to my less than happy mother as at the time she hated snakes ( but has a hatchling of her own now ) my father grabbed the snake moved him into a new tub away from his vomit and preceeded to clean up the half digested bird worms included. I've seen my father throw up from a big night on the grog. I've never seen him throw up as bad as he did when he cleaned up the spew.

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back