Defence Force

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having served in the Navy, I'd definitely suggest exploring the Air Force option first. I know they don't have marine techs but they'll have an equivalent job you could do. I only say this because you'll work a lot harder in the Navy than what you would in the RAAF. Go to sea for a few months on work-ups and find out what it's like not to sleep more than a couple of hours a night for week on end. Your time off will be consumed cleaning up the mess and standing rounds, various duties etc. It's great fun but very tiring.

One thing I must say it that whatever you'll choose in the ADF, if you so desire, you will be able to find employment somewhere in the civilian sector with the skills/qualifications you have acquired.

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Hey Spilota.
You forgot to mention putting on that bloody uniform and pulling the ladies.

Having served in the Navy, I'd definitely suggest exploring the Air Force option first. I know they don't have marine techs but they'll have an equivalent job you could do. I only say this because you'll work a lot harder in the Navy than what you would in the RAAF. Go to sea for a few months on work-ups and find out what it's like not to sleep more than a couple of hours a night for week on end. Your time off will be consumed cleaning up the mess and standing rounds, various duties etc. It's great fun but very tiring.

One thing I must say it that whatever you'll choose in the ADF, if you so desire, you will be able to find employment somewhere in the civilian sector with the skills/qualifications you have acquired.

Don't be a techo become and ADG :) weapons are heaps better........

Been in the Army nearly ten years, love it, Older brother done 21 years in the puss and he loved it to.
Seriously one of the better things I've done and besides what some might say I had a friggin ball in Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan, Hopefully going back to the ghan early next year. Wouldn't miss it.

Hey Spilota.
You forgot to mention putting on that bloody uniform and pulling the ladies.

Too right Frogboy. It got a bit tiring after a while - all the ladies trying to hit on me when I was in uniform. :| I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.

My brother spent 20 years in the RAAF, trained as a mechanic, did a million other things, had alot of fun and drank alot of beer whilst he was young and occasionally single, ended up doing fleet management, ended up leaving due to family commitments, got a job with a trucking company, now a manager earning 100k a year.
I would recommend the RAAF to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back