Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shnimpon

Reaction score
just wondering wat type of lizards are available at under the $200 mark as babies?

im wanting to make a complete list and so far i got...

shingleback
bluetounge
central netted
bearded dragon

also i wanted to know, i had a blue tounge and he stunk quite alot even after i cleaned his tank.

will a beardie or shingle back stink as bad as a bluetounge? and how often to they poop? lol
with 2 beardies ina tank hoq often will i have to clean out there fecal matter or the tank lol?

any help wit either of my MANY questions would b greatly appriciated...

thx in advance!
cheers~

heaps marbled geckoes /spiny tailed gex/thick tails pink tongues skinks jacky dragon and waterdragons(eastern and gippsland)

i think blueys are smelly animals and u should spot clean ur tank everyday(removing sh_t with a tissue or paper towel)and a proper clean out once a fortnight

yeah, the poo smells pretty bad but my blueys indoor cage never smells for more than 5 minutes after i remove the poop. its in my room and the room never smells.

you just gotta take the poop out whenever you see it.

They stink by what you feed them.....esp if it is snails...

well that wont help my cause my blueys love snails an if i dnt stopp soon they will become accustom to them and mightn take other foods

well yer my tanks in my room and my rooms maybe 5X5m so it aint to big and it tends to hold smells, im hoping that 2 eardis wont stink as much as a bluey?

considering id be spot cleasning as soon as i get home from work everyday and cleaning the entire tank twice a month!

Rather than selecting lizards on price, make a list that you would like to keep and then do some research on price and husbandry (imo).
What substrate did you keep the bluey on?

Silverbeast - i'd double check that your room doesn't actually smell. The human sense of smell adjusts due to a sensory threshold after about 5 minutes... I have to study this crap for a uni exam next week so i thought i'd put it to use. Just you know, for your own good.

i kept the bluey on sand, just like i intend to keep my next lizard...

would it be possible to keep a beardie and 2 shinglebacks in the same tank? or vice cersa... 2 beardies and a shingleback? and yer price doesnt bother me all that much, just summing up if i want a beardie or a shingleback, i just know that i hated my bluetounge, it stunk and was very boring and hated being handeled.

I have beardies and they are great.Adventurous little guys and love to come out of their cage and play.Just make sure you get a colony of woodies and crixs first as they eat alot,and I mean alot.but are so cute.So best to breed your own woodies and so on if you can.Otherwise their are great lizards out there so just have a look around.I want some eastern water dragons next.Can't wait.Good luck

ye i want a beardie and a shingeback... well 2 beardies and 2 shingles 2 b honest...

or mmaybe 2 of 1 kind, just deciding which 1 i want or if i can have 1 of each in the same enclosure?

2 beardies in one enclosure can be a problem,they may fight.Some people have bad experiences with legs been bitten off others have had no problems with two in the same enclosure,just something to keep in mind.

yeh well i got a 3ft enclosure so i think 1 lil beardie is a waste IMO and id rlly love razing 2... id prolly have to get em from the same clutch if i wanted em to behave 2gether ay?

I understand your desire for two ,I also have two and they are great.Unfortunately some beardies fight some may not,luck of the draw I guess,get two and see how they go but if they start to fight you will need to separate them.Even if they are from the same clutch they can still fight.especially to males,if you buy as hatchlings if can be hard to tell the sex for a while.But hey,go for it they are a great lizard.Good luck

i have 3 together with no probs but make sure you have somewhere to put the other if one gets agressive

Just about all geckos except rough knob tails and some of the rarer stuff is under $200, with the advantage that cages are cheaper to set up if you get a terrestrial type.
They don't smell, cleaning takes about 5 seconds and are easy to feed (crickets).

my 2 female beardies no longer share a tank,...one hogs the tank, the other cruises around the lounge room,...so be prepared to seperate them. :)

i give mine a bath every morning which they poop in, so i never have to clean up after them,....i love my beardies,..! :)

i dont think i will ever separate my 3, all thats gonna happen is introduce another 2-3

i seperated mine cos i didnt think it was fair to let chub get chased off the basking platform all the time, she was pretty stressed with Bugs attitude. i dont believe in encouraging domestic viiolence.

also when people buy 2 @ the same time theyre normally siblings,...therefore if its a male/female situation that encourages inbreeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back