diamond python syndrome

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys,
just wondering whats the go with dps (diamond python syndrome) what type of uv light helps prevent it i.e uva and/or uvb tubes and what percentage is good? cheers

do some searchs through the fourms on this site for dps threads, the answers are there.

if you talking about bubls, i would get the black lights from the herpshop, also depends on cage set up, merc vapours are good too.

All the UV bulbs have a short UV emitting life, even thou they look like they still work.

make your own mind up if they are worth it. I never used them, but others swear buy them.

Now my Diamonds are outside, problem solved.

Got a new Dog coming soon to protect the yard. GGGGRRRRR!!!

As soulweaver said there is plenty of discussions about dps in the "files". I always used NEC blacklights but lean toward the school of thought that dps is more temperature driven as opposed to UV. Perhaps a combination of both?? but I would prefer to cover all bases.

D.P.S

If you're in their natural range, keeping them outside seems to be the go.

If you can't, then give them periodic access to natural, direct, early morning or mid-arvo sunlight.

Like TrueBlue & others advise, make sure they have access to cool areas 24/7.
Never, ever overheat them :!: .
Cooking them fries their nervous system :!:

Keep them cool 8).
But avoid draughts & sudden temp. fluctuations, or they'll get respiratory infections!

Like GTP'S, treat them delicately, like "wet tissue paper".

Cheers, zen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back