diamond python - when are they ready mate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFLMBAO :) Mustang is the most misunderstood Coastal in the world! He's a lovely fella when you get to know him :) Just ask Zoe :twisted:

Give you $20 each plus $30 for the wardrobe. ;)

Seriously, PM me. Will need approval from the wife (only cos of the money factor) but I would be interested.

No worries mate but you'd have to pay for the sentimental value too, there's more of my blood in him than there is of his own :)

Only joking, he's a great handler :twisted:

Re: RE: diamond python - when are they ready mate?

diamond_python said:
My only question is, "Wouldn't they breed at a younger age in the wild or not?"

No.

Animals in captivity often breed at a younger age than in the wild, because in captivity they are usually provided with optimum care and conditions, and in some case this enables the animal to mature faster. And for the same reasons, captive animals may also breed more frequently, and produce more young than their wild counterparts.

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: diamond python - when are they ready mate?

Thanks Hix. That is interesting. I thought it would have been the other way around. You learn something new everyday. :)

probably go with you on this one Slateman.
i'll put them together and if she wants to she will i suppose.
plus i cant wait till she little ones.

also i have another female can i alternate him between the 2 females ? eg. 2 days with 1 then 2 with the other.

Can the males breed at a younger age than females or must they be approx the same size?

Males do have sperms in young age. You can see the sperms when you look at snakes poo under microscope. I don't know if they are actually ready to do the action of love when they are to small. mabe some of reall experts here will be able to answer this one.

not big enough by the looks of it mate, better to wait in my opinion but its up to you.

agreed, i would be waiting for a while before breeding. IMO the length of the snake might be ok, but the girth isn't ready to hold young. Whats the rush anyway?

"whats the rush"

i havent bred any yet and i'm absalutlly busten to play with 20 or so little ones.
And if both female breed theres 40 , i'm gunna hop in the bath with them all...plug in of course.

i havent bred anything yet either but that doesnt mean im not busten to breed something it just means i am waiting till my snakes get bigger. and who says your gonna get 20eggs out of each female let alone 20eggs that are all fertile out of them. just my thoughts.

most books i've red say any where from 20 to 40 average being 25.
not haveing breed anything this is what i'm going by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back