diamond x sorry to start a debate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss-Lulu

Reaction score
Nice lookin snake. Just wanting some thoughts on what people think it is. Cross breed or just a high yellow diamond?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 372
i used to live at Mangrove Mountain next to Gosford NSW and i have seen them in the wild like that stunning thats for sure

The stripes might point to a cross... but I can't know for sure

Would like to know what it is though so i can breed it and try get somthing similar

Unfortunately, this demonstrates another problem with crosses. People acquire them, have no idea what they are, breed them, then sell them as what someone on a forum guesses that they may be.

Miss-Lulu - if you're going to breed them, sell the offspring honestly - if you don't know what one parent is, then make sure you say this when you sell the offspring.

I'm unsure how anyone could presume to know the heritage of this python given the quality of the photo. Morelia of unknown origin is my guess.

wally you are right but i have seen a few photos of bredli cross daimond and they look alot like this " why would you cross snakes that are gorgous in the first place to make something that looks like that?"

*Melissa*
Just to put a stop to your rant before you get to high up on the ego ladder. And to clarify my intentions & the truth of this animal.
* I do not own the snake. It is owned by a friend whom is also unsure of it's bloodline history.
* I clearly stated that I would like to breed something of "similar" appearance. Not once did I say I'd sell the offspring without stipulating it's unknown background!!!
* There are plenty of people who are trying to breed there own interesting looking snakes. And plenty more that won't admit it publically - but would also like to own one.

Don't go jumping down my throat! I merely put the question out there, I want to know peoples thoughts. I probably will never know the true breeding of the snake as it has more than likely been bought from a "less-than-honest" seller.

I know I'm right, no one could ever profess to know the origins of this python. And your argument of why cross beautiful snakes in the first place is one that I trumpet loudly, unfortunately not everyone prescribes to my taste.

i wasnt jumping down anyones throat and sorry if it came off like i was. i was just saying daimond pythons are gorgous gold colours and bredli are gorgous reds why would you breed them together to make imo "a ugly black snake"

James - I wasn't replying that to you. I named that post to Melissa. I agree with your guess of it's heritage. & although I adore all pythons, I will be honest in saying I like crossbreds as well as purebreds.

*Melissa*
Just to put a stop to your rant before you get to high up on the ego ladder. And to clarify my intentions & the truth of this animal.
* I do not own the snake. It is owned by a friend whom is also unsure of it's bloodline history.
* I clearly stated that I would like to breed something of "similar" appearance. Not once did I say I'd sell the offspring without stipulating it's unknown background!!!
* There are plenty of people who are trying to breed there own interesting looking snakes. And plenty more that won't admit it publically - but would also like to own one.

Don't go jumping down my throat! I merely put the question out there, I want to know peoples thoughts. I probably will never know the true breeding of the snake as it has more than likely been bought from a "less-than-honest" seller.

Sorry but I fail to see how Melissa is being 'high up on the ego ladder'. She just politely stated that you need to sell them for what they are.

i didnt want to say anything but asoon as i saw it i thought x bredli

Theres one big flaw in your line of thinking.. 1stly, if you don't know the origin having guesstimates wont 'help you breed something similar'. 2ndly even if you do know, you're assuming that you could just go throw together a pair and they'll turn out the same, which is possible to not happen they could turn out looking totally different.

People just throwing around guesstimates should stop, it's extremely missleading to people.. The ammount of varience in morelia it could be anything and if you don't know then it creates even more confusion on the topic, hell it could even not be a hybrid. You can easily get diamonds/intergrades with the exact same if not better colouring and pattern, it makes no sense to go throw together hybrids willy nilly if there is no improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back