Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you still have your first reptile?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Do you still have your first reptile?

Hey guys and girls, thought I would start this thread to see who here on APS still have their first Reptiles!
I know these little (and big) guys can live for many many years and would love to hear some stories or background information on them! Feel free to show any pictures of them as well.

I might as well get the ball rolling with my first, a bearded dragon called Rocky.
Got him in June 06. She is about..26 months old and 52cm’s in length. With a slight orange phase. Eats most stuff I offer.

I decided to enter her into the Annual Frog and Reptile show this year, just for the experience, Didn’t have any intent of winning anything as She was not herself, not eating, moving or anything, but we ended up taking home the prize of “Best in Category” (and $100);)

After the comp was over (which I missed as I was busy in the operating room getting my insides cut up to get appendicitis out of me) she seemed to come back to good health. In the hospital I was worried because when I left home she was sick and in the show, but when I arrived home she seemed to be doing better.

Now she is as fit as ever and HOPEFULLY with her new boy toy called Balboa, she will be a Mummy. I am very proud of her now that she is sexually active.

This year will be the first year of breeding, for her and myself.

Hope to hear some of your stories and see your firsts!

Attachments

• internet1.JPG
    internet1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 63
  • internet.JPG
    internet.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
  • internet3.JPG
    internet3.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 48
  • internet4.JPG
    internet4.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 44
  • internet5.JPG
    internet5.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 47
The only way I'd have my original reptile is if it were a Galapagos Island Tortoise. It would be well over 40 years old now ;)

No.

My first reptile was stolen a few years ago by some bottom-of-the-pond-scum-sucker. Otherwise I would definitely still have her (the coastal in my avatar).

:(

Hix

I still have an Eastern Blue Tongue that I've had since I was 13 :D

she won my heart and now i am hooked so she stays for good

Attachments

• stevie 005small.JPG
    stevie 005small.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 74
I do still have my first and second, and third and fourth reptile... Thor is a spotted python he was my first and I've had him for over ten years. Placid as! Loki, spotted python was next as a friend for Thor, they were great mates for years, but both are male and eventually got ****ty with having each other as opposed to a girlfriend. Forseti was next, a female spotted, who I've had about 7 years and is ready to be mated soon. I also have a blue-tongue named Dagur!
Now I have, Ikkus, Hippie, Boris, Hugo, Victor, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Egg, Bug, Tecoma, Antoine, Zippo, Camo, Pokey and Vali to add to the list.
Over the years I've had others, Thiazzi (the coolest bearded dragon ever who was stolen), Stinky (a tail-less bluey), Prickle and Goo, and Vali 1. I do love my reptiles. They are my little pets

No.

My first reptile was stolen a few years ago by some bottom-of-the-pond-scum-sucker. Otherwise I would definitely still have her (the coastal in my avatar).

Hix

That is horrible to hear, I'd die if my beardie got stolen/died. Some people can be douche bags.

No.

Hix

Scumm that's all they are

I still have all my first pythons as i have got and never sold

I sold my blue tongues yesterday. First time I have ever sold any pets. (i gave away a mouse and a cage a few months ago, but that doesn't count)

I had many lizards as a kid in the 70's and 80's but none under license. when i recieved my license i bought a spotted python for me and my Daughter to share. We have now had her for a year and we will NEVER sell her.,she's our little princess to share. Now that i have a son i bought 2 blueies one for each of them, a boy and a girl, and i buying myself a Woma next month. My little man loves them and always wants to play with them...

When we were kids we used to pick up the singlebacks which had kangaroo ticks in them, take them home n pull the ticks out and release them back where we found them (clearly not much to do as a kid in the burbs of perth in the 80s and 90s) one stayed in our back yard kicking around for years, we would give it fruit when we saw it in summer.one year we had another in our back yard for a season, then we had a baby one. was pretty cool. the original one that we had we would find strolling around the house sometimes and was really friendly, would sit on out laps and eat out of our hands. i guess that was my first reptile.

I still have my first snake, (a lovely natured jungle) she resides in my dads freezer.. I wanted to have her skeleton preserved for the educational displays we do, but I never found anyone local to do it, so there she sits! My dad hasnt been allowed to defrost his freezer for years now, and iv been getting ultimatums for a while!
There is no room for her in our freezer, as there is an 8ft python, a punctulata, a turtle, sugarglider, a cpl of rare tropical fish, stuff i cant remember atm, etc etc. Not to mention rats, mice, chicks, bloodworms, oh, and a small amount of ppl food..

Im starting to think I have issues with letting go!.. I just cant bare to put them in the ground to rot. I will have to come to terms with it one day, but not today! lol
Maybe we should look into cryogenics... LOL

So, for now, our freezer will continue to be known as the morgue, or our little frozen zoo...

I still have my first snake, (a lovely natured jungle) she resides in my dads freezer.. I wanted to have her skeleton preserved for the educational displays we do, but I never found anyone local to do it, so there she sits! My dad hasnt been allowed to defrost his freezer for years now, and iv been getting ultimatums for a while!
There is no room for her in our freezer, as there is an 8ft python, a punctulata, a turtle, sugarglider, a cpl of rare tropical fish, stuff i cant remember atm, etc etc. Not to mention rats, mice, chicks, bloodworms, oh, and a small amount of ppl food..

Im starting to think I have issues with letting go!.. I just cant bare to put them in the ground to rot. I will have to come to terms with it one day, but not today! lol
Maybe we should look into cryogenics... LOL

So, for now, our freezer will continue to be known as the morgue, or our little frozen zoo...

Oh my god, thats so weird. Oh god. lol... I suppose it's good to know you really... err.. commit when you buy an animal... :shock:

Yep still have my first reptile & her sister (beardeds) & just tonight, I was offered her brother for incestuous breeding deeds this year lol.. she's 4 years old I think :shock:

I am going to try and get in contact with rocky's breeders, going to see if they are interested in selling the parents. Not for colour, just because I want to collect his family. Lol

well i havn't got my first reptile anymore (he was off lic.) But since i have had my license i still have my first reptile... my turtle jingo:D

Still got my lil guy, my tennants ck locale stimsons named sparky :), had him 5 years now and i'll never sell the little guy i love the lil clown. I hope he stays with me for many a long year yet. :D

Steve k

Well, officially my 1st reptile was garden skinks as a kid XD But my 1st on license snake i traded him for another snake.. Seems like most people have theres and love them to death, am i bad person?:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back