Does your snake smell???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
newspaper shop ?
ive got some here i can sell you !! 30c per sheet 10 sheets or more 25c each........25-50 @ 20c each 100-200 @ 15c each.
high quality paper with interesting storys too !!

Lucky for you moreliaman that boa isn't following you, he's a stalker and only wants to steal your newspaper. :shock: :wink: :lol:

Moreliaman said:
newspaper shop ?
ive got some here i can sell you !! 30c per sheet 10 sheets or more 25c each........25-50 @ 20c each 100-200 @ 15c each.
high quality paper with interesting storys too !!

Do you have to pay extra for pictures?? :D

I've read them, I actually want some French newspapers.

hugsta said:
Lucky for you moreliaman that boa isn't following you, he's a stalker and only wants to steal your newspaper. :shock: :wink: :lol:

I thought he was up to no good again, thanks for the warning hugsta...............although we all get to that stage in the end !! the only way i can get a girlfriend now, is to stalk her and hope she eventually gives in !! :wink:

Exotics are illegal Boa, so French papers are no good as Australian snakes can't read them. ;-) :D

Ah yes I thought you would say that (alright I had no idea) but I only want English language French papers.

LOL, I thought you might have said your snakes had special education and are bi-lingual.... :D:D

okay - let me get this straight.....

i could use:

newspaper
paper with news on it
property guides
butchers paper
newspaper
paper from the butchers
international papers (as long as they're not smuggled or illegally imported)
newspaper
paper towel

no worries... i thank you all for your suggestions... but i've heard that newspapers good, so i think i might just give that a go instead... sorry if i've wasted your time... don't mean to be ungrateful for the advice... just think i'd better go for what the majority thinks...

:wink: :lol: :!:

We use euclyptus mulch, spot cleaned as required and changed weekly. Its not really odour absorbent, works well.

does the eucalyptus leave a nice euccy odour?? that'd be absolutely lovely!!! i might actually give that a go! where would you get that from?? and also - what kinda price range??

it's a shame i can't keep using the carpet... it's nice and green and makes the tank look lovely...

I used to use the same stuff and had the same problem. I now use dark green bath towels. Still has the same look and is heaps easy to clean - just chuck 'em in the washing machine.

Yes it does Meg, smells very nice n fresh for atleast 3/4 days untill it drys out completely. Bunnings has it at $7 for 60 litre bag.
I dont reccomend it for shingleback skinks unless you dry it really well in the sun for a few days spread out before hand, to reduce humidity.

you can get paper rolls from packaging supplies companies if you don't like the look of newsprint. The rolls come in various widths and lengths, some up to 350 metres long and at $60-70 for white paper it doesn't work out too bad. If you change a 4 foot enclosure twice per week it would last over 2 and a half years. And make sure to build your enclosures with a 'dam' at the front... I always build mine like that, however just recently I had to turn an enclosure on it's side to accomodate a larger snake, and couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.. it turns out some urine leaked out under the door and was sitting under the cage. Needless to say I've had to use a 10% bleach solution on the base of the cage and my furniture to rid it of the smell.

In short I would use,
Newprint (budget conscious)
Paper Roll (best appearance)
And make sure you've got a dam/lip at the front of the enclosure.

In terms of pricing of the pure white paper rolls, I just got a 76cm x 500metre roll for $39 :) should last a few years at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back