Does your snake smell???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great option if you don't like newsprint is to contact the people who actually print the newspapers. When a roll does not have enough to do a whole print run, they change it and pretty much throw it away, often with thousands of metres left on it. These rolls are VERY heavy so if you are going to try and get one, it may be best to take two people.

I think newspaper is a stupid idea. I don't know why. I just do.

Uh...maybe because I take a newspaper into the loo with me at work, and worry that if my snake is using the loo with a paper then I might be getting a little too close to my pets, which could lead to me suffocating and eating one of my students.

Newspaper. Bad.

Plus- it's free, and what is free and good? NOTHING!

I use Marine Carpet, cut to size. I have a couple per cage, so I just pull out the old one and slip in the new one. Dead easy. Old one gets hosed and hung on the clotheline to dry.

Currently trialing Aspen Bed Litter on the carpet (with my lizards) - seems to be working. No smell from the Blueys.
Yet.

:p

Hix

newspaper

All jokes aside- I've never kept snakes of newsprint- I've always used gravel. Has anyone seen the pics on bluetongue.net of the blueys with their feet stained black from newsprint?

newspaper

bobthefish said:
All jokes aside- I've never kept snakes of newsprint- I've always used gravel. Has anyone seen the pics on bluetongue.net of the blueys with their feet stained black from newsprint?

Well i just went and checked and theirs definately no black stains on any of my snakes feet. :wink: I think the worry of impaction from swallowed gravel would be more of a worry than ink stains, the ink used in newspapers is non toxic anyway.

I've never seen ink on my snakes bellies and my beardies live on red sand so I'll keep using it.

Just curious. I always used large enough gravel that is wasn't a problem, but I was never happy with the lack of absorbancy.

Here's a link to that site with the stained feet- for what it's worth. The pics are about 2/3 the way down the page. Watch out if you're using dial-up!

http://bluetongueskinks.net/blue.htm

Hix said:
I use Marine Carpet, cut to size. I have a couple per cage, so I just pull out the old one and slip in the new one. Dead easy. Old one gets hosed and hung on the clotheline to dry.

Currently trialing Aspen Bed Litter on the carpet (with my lizards) - seems to be working. No smell from the Blueys.
Yet.

:p

Hix

Hix, hows it going with the Aspen bedding?

I am trialing it in my jungle enclosures, but since they are being cooled they arent doing any poos. No much of a test is it. Looks good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back