Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
Hey all, what is your opinion on which Snake is the best bang for your buck.
explain your answer,

factors include

Price
handling ability
size
colour

Id say Hypo bredli as it covers all the above

whats your say

bredli, bhp or woma!!
all reasonably priced although bhp and woma in some cases can be a tad high
all handle great
bhp and bredli great length, woma are can get big but are nice and heavy set
as for colour i reckon these 3 species have some of the nicest hues of browns/reds!!

bhp and bredli great length, woma are can get big but are nice and heavy set

Y'no womas are smaller then both bhps and bredli?

I'd say womas though, some of the best ones around are priced very fairly, I bought a 'drab' looking hatchie for 500bucks last year tunred into a stunner. Good handlers, best sized python if you ask me, not too small not too big, great feeders, easy to breed, nice looking.

Last edited:
I got a nearly 6ft coastal that is a pussy cat and reasonably pretty. But my Woma juvie is hot as and has not struck at me once....

a couple of years ago i bought a yearling inland taipan for $250.... not much better bang for your buck than that

Y'no womas are smaller then both bhps and bredli?.
Yes I do and if you looked at my post properly you would see that I stated bredli and bhp are on the large side, "some" woma can be large like SA woma's but the majority are small but more then make up for the lack of size by being a robust snake!! :rolleyes:

Bredli! Easy to handle, look good, not too small and not too big either! And the price just keeps getting cheaper. Bought my hatchy for $300 last year, seem heaps around $200 this year!

port macs. pretty and cheap... and easier than a diamond.

+1. They are relatively cheap considering the awesome colours and patterns they can have, plus they are a bit more hardy than a diamond but still keep the placidness of one.

It's not about money. The dollar value shouldn't even be considered when making the decision until the end. You should weigh up all the things about the snake including your likes and dislikes and if it's suitable for you first. Once you decide on which is your favourite then decide if you can afford it. If so buy one. If not look at your next favourite. There's too many people in this hobby focused on the money. It's about the animals not the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back