Dont you hate it when

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who want others to "tell it how it is"
Then proceed to tell it how it isn't.

I HATE political correctness, we need a polly to grow a pair and tell it how it is, without fearing the repurcussions of losing votes. If people want to live in our country, they are entitled to their own places of worship, and to practice whatever they want in their own home. In public, pull the burqa's off and speak English, if we wanted to walk down the street with our face covered, we'd be arrested, they even get their licence pics taken in them!! Before they get here they should display a decent amount of knowledge and there should be no loopholes for illegals to live here (after a certain amount of time of being here, if they are caught, the amount of time they were here is taken into consideration).

i hate it when the neighbours decide to have a party. I'm not against them having a party, its the fact that they drag the stereo +subs out in the backyard and crank the doof doof right up (to the point that the pictures on my wall rattle). If you ask them to turn it down they threaten to jump the fence and beat you up. Their parties start at around lunchtime and go till well after midnight and they expect everyone to put up with it. The area i live in is full of retiree's, and in my street there are 3 houses with people under 65, and only this one causes any problems.

People that don't pay their child support. I have a son from a previous relationship, and my partner has 3 kids from her previous relationship. I pay my child support weekly to the day. Her ex-partner on the other hand has just started having his wages garnished as he refused to pay it. So i have been paying for the roof over their head, food, clothes, birthdays, christmas and transport for the last 18 months as my partner is at school and has no income, as i earn just over the cernterlink cut off point, which meant that i had to find a second part time job that i could work around my full time job (shift-work) just to make ends meet, while their father earns 3 times the amount i do, has his housing and transport supplied through his work, doesn't have a partner, but yet still demands to be allowed to see HIS children. If you have kids dont you want to supply everything possible for them?

well apparently not because i'm the product of a broken family and my dads new partner was knocked up 3mths after my parents split up and i was doing everything while she was preggers; shopping, cooking, running errands and i was 9. he would actually report to centrelink and say his wage changed and he couldn't afford payments, dad wouldn't even put my sister and i on private health even though it wouldn't have cost him anything to cover us.

he was a tosser but thankfully after not talking to him for 8yrs he came clean and we have a good relationship. its his wife i can't stand, feral biarch!! by the way i am 23 now nearly 24 and my sister is 21 in september....and dad earns like $85k a year

I hate it how hate threads are so much larger than like threads - except maybe the thread that pointed out how much they hated the like function.

I hate it when I forget to turn the oven on and have been waiting for 45 minutes for my french fries to cook... Conversely, I hate it when I am cooking my french fries and forget about them and then come back to chip shaped charcoal.

But saximus - I am with you with the you're/your, there/their/they're, to/too/two etc etc...

While it doesn't make me sad in the pants like it does you... It does make me think we need to change our written language to allow our 'borderline illiterates' a chance to speak our native tongue...

lol Slim you make me laugh.
Maybe I should start a thread for all the things that make you smile and see if we can get it to overtake the length of this one

I hate it when our monthly internet usage runs low and I can't watch videos :(

I hate how our landlord put charcoal carpet in our lounge room that shows up every single piece of dirt.

I hate it when our dog hits me in the thigh with his tail that might as well be a whip. OUCH.

I hate it when there's no ice cream left.

I hate it when you let the clutch out on a motorcycle too quickly and it stalls and locks up which dumps you on the ground :x

Politicains act like children in debates in parliament.
Local councils ask for locals imput yet end up doing what they wanted to do in the 1st place
Wifes/ Gf that say they have nothing to wear even tho they have a large wardrobe , two chests full & their latest favourites on the washing line

As a musician, I can read, write, play and sing music. What I hate is all these supposed musicians/singers, whose voices have been heavily mixed and changed so much in the studio, whose voices have electronic overtones added due to the fact they can't hold a tune and yet they are almost exclusively played on high rotation on the radio. Some examples are Beiber, Lady Gaga, Enrico Iglesias and especially Usher and all the other identical clones pumped down our throats on high rotation for maximum profit. These people DO NOT EVER perform live in concert because they CAN'T. While these fakes are making billions, real musicians are struggling to make ends meet.

I cant stand it when people "aks" questions instead of ask.

I also have a very smart As$ answer when I'm asked "what are you's doing?"
My standard response is "standing in a paddock eating grass".
Which bring a smile to my face when they get a perplexed look on their face trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
As a musician, I can read, write, play and sing music. What I hate is all these supposed musicians/singers, whose voices have been heavily mixed and changed so much in the studio, whose voices have electronic overtones added due to the fact they can't hold a tune and yet they are almost exclusively played on high rotation on the radio. Some examples are Beiber, Lady Gaga, Enrico Iglesias and especially Usher and all the other identical clones pumped down our throats on high rotation for maximum profit. These people DO NOT EVER perform live in concert because they CAN'T. While these fakes are making billions, real musicians are struggling to make ends meet.

When it comes to the Music Industry, 90% of the time Image beats Talent...

PEOPLE WHO SAY PLAYING INSTRUMENTS IS EASY! because they use frickin TAB!

I can read sheet music, and use most of the fingerboard on a guitar, took me a few years but I can....then people at school would always do my head in saying they're so great at whatever instrument yet couldn't read music or name any notes!!

I can read sheet music, and use most of the fingerboard on a guitar, took me a few years but I can....then people at school would always do my head in saying they're so great at whatever instrument yet couldn't read music or name any notes!!

Put them on the spot by saying something like "Can you play me a B minor scale" or something like that :p

Tommy Emmanual can't read sheet music, he's a great guitarist. I use tabs and consider myself ok. I can read trumpet sheet music, though.

playing by ear is just as hard if you don't tune yourself to it

Hmmmm my neighbours at the shack would put me in the NON singing category ROFL but at least I did it for free :p

Tommy Emmanual can't read sheet music, he's a great guitarist. I use tabs and consider myself ok. I can read trumpet sheet music, though.

I don't consider playing TAB any form of talent, at all. there is absoloutly no skill in it...and as a sheet music reading girl who had to study for hours, I'll never change my opinion.
TAB is also not even the way a song actually goes 99% of the time.

There's a difference between say, having a natural ability for pitch etc and being able to play by ear...than reading TAB and thinking you're a rockstar.

I don't mean that as a personal attack on you...just people who brag about their stupid TAB endlessly. Especially when you say you're having a bit of difficulty reading something.

The main point I make is it doesn't matter if you can read music or not, it comes down to years of practise and dedication to your art. Take Usher for example, he is a dancer, and a damn good one at that but can't sing to save his life so they mix up his voice and cover the editing mistakes with his trademark robot voice because a dancer can't sell albums. Then we get charged several hundred dollars to see him "Live in Concert" and mime to the album you already have. It is organised crime and you are being taken to the cleaners. It could be proven as fraud.

I don't see how someone using tablature rather than sheet music make any difference to the skill of the guitar playing itself. It makes a difference in the ability to read music, but not play.

How can you say that there's no skill when arguably one of the best guitarists in the world can't read sheet music?

I really really really dont"like"people leaving their shopping trolleys parked on a slope when my car is in the firing line......another lot of scratches *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back