Dont you hate it when

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you put your heart and soul into a job application and don't get short listed.....i've had this too much but this one broke me, really wanted the job

As a musician, I can read, write, play and sing music. What I hate is all these supposed musicians/singers, whose voices have been heavily mixed and changed so much in the studio, whose voices have electronic overtones added due to the fact they can't hold a tune and yet they are almost exclusively played on high rotation on the radio. Some examples are Beiber, Lady Gaga, Enrico Iglesias and especially Usher and all the other identical clones pumped down our throats on high rotation for maximum profit. These people DO NOT EVER perform live in concert because they CAN'T. While these fakes are making billions, real musicians are struggling to make ends meet.

lol I dont really like lady gaga as a person, but I must step in here and say that Lady Gaga is very good live, just saying :)
Look up videos of her singing accapella.
But I'm not sticking up for Justin Bieber.
Britney Spears is a good example though, she lip-syncs ALL her songs.

I've hear beiber sing without any autotune, and while I hate him (a mixture of I just don't like him, and I'm jealous of what he's achieved) he does sing well, he also is very talented with various instruments.

Snakeluvver, you can't really say gaga is good live, she might have been lip syncing to the music. I will say, pinks funhouse concert was awesome, lol.

Beiber was actively dodging eggs on stage and his voice didn't even waver, why, he was lip syncing.
Gaga has fallen on many occasion on stage and again her voice has not faltered.........Lip sync. (seriously, do you know it is even her on stage?)
Usher doesn't actually have a robot voice.....Lip sync.
Iglesias, was caught out when the sound engineers recorded what he was actually singing during a lip sync concert......classic.:)
Pink....Sings live.
Katy Perry sings live.
Rock bands sing live.
In general if they dance vigourously......they have to lip sync otherwise they will lose their breath. Headphone mics cannot be adjusted live for the volume of a voice. You need to use a proper mic where you can adjust the distance between the mic and your mouth or you will get distortion. Using a mic is an artform in itself.

Katy Perry is CRAP live. And Ive seen lady gaga live and knew she wasnt lip syncing cos it isnt quite as good as the cd version (few off pitch moments ect) but pretty good.

In fact most bands sound terrible live. They don't hit the highnotes, the long notes are shortened etc. in fact I can only think of 2 I have seen that are exceptions, Queen and The Corrs. (Except Bohemian Rhapsody classical section). But that is what is so good about a live performance.
Seriously.....Gaga fell recently off a piano seat onto the piano and ended up on her butt between the seat and the piano. No sound came from the piano, her mic didn't pick up a crash and there wasn't even a grunt from her as she hit. The music carried on and her voice carried on as if nothing had happened........LIP SYNC.
Believe me, I've spent enough time behind a mixing desk and in recording studios to see how the con works.

Actually Pink Floyd started it in the 60s because Roger Waters (The main singer) couldn't hold a tune. They would speed up the tape or slow it down where necessary on the vocal track to keep him in tune. Then in the 80s, a couple of computer nerds in Manly joined an electronic keyboard to a computer, creating the Fairlight Computer. This sampled anything recorded and matched it to the keys so you could make a tune of anything, eg; a dogs bark or a single word. Todays "artists" use all these tricks and more on much higher technology to make Gaga and the other talentless clones to sound even passable. The only real artist is the sound engineer, his mixing desk and computers. A company like Sony can take anyone off the streets and turn them into a No1 artist (Beiber, Usher, Gaga, Spiers, Minogue, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc, the list is unending). Most of these will be here today....gone tomorrow, replaced with a new, better looking talentless clone and their music will be forgotten just as quick. Meanwhile the music of the talented bands (U2, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, even Green Day and Foo Fighters etc) and even classical composers will still be played in another 50 yrs.
P.S. If they need autotune.......Then they can't sing.:)

The only real artist is the sound engineer, his mixing desk and computers. A company like Sony can take anyone off the streets and turn them into a No1 artist (Beiber, Usher, Gaga, Spiers, Minogue, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc, the list is unending). Most of these will be here today....gone tomorrow, replaced with a new, better looking talentless clone and their music will be forgotten just as quick. Meanwhile the music of the talented bands (U2, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, even Green Day and Foo Fighters etc) and even classical composers will still be played in another 50 yrs.
P.S. If they need autotune.......Then they can't sing.:)

Hit the nail on the head. If music is made on a computer for the soul purpose of making someone a "number one artist" then its not really music. Music is an art, it has feeling and meaning. A computer programme, on the other hand, is not. It is just that, a computer programme. A piece of software, no heart and soul, no meaning. Its fairly offensive to musicians who devote their lives to their art that people like Lady GaGa and Justin Beiber even get called musicians. They dont even write their own music let alone preform it properly.

I dont like sticking up for someone like lady gaga cos shes weird but she does write her own songs and performs live, you just have to listen to the times where she hit a note wrong or something to see that.
People like christina aguilera can definately sing live though :)

People cancel on you...but weren't going to tell you they'd cancelled...you had to ask to find out.

sooo, there goes the weekend I was looking forward too. A simple text without me asking would've been fine...then I'd not be angry.

but hey, who cares for manners these days.

What you are hearing at a Gaga Gig is the different speakers and sound system involved. Believe me when I say she hasn't sang live since going mainstream. In her early days she sang live but not since she "made it big". I have heard her early stuff and she definitely performed live, but not in recent years. (You could tell, it was terrible):)
Aguilera has a fantastic voice but still lip syncs live because the dance spectacular takes precedence over singing live. What you have to understand is it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to sing and dance live, as these people do.

A company like Sony can take anyone off the streets and turn them into a No1 artist (Beiber, Usher, Gaga, Spiers, Minogue, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc, the list is unending).

I don't agree with putting Michael Jackson and Bieber in the same group. (Please don't take that as an attack on you, its not) Michael was much more talented than that kid will ever be, and he didn't need Sony to come out with good songs. Everything in a song was done the way he wanted it, he didn't leave it up to everyone else.

Believe me when I say she hasn't sang live since going mainstream. In her early days she sang live but not since she "made it big". I have heard her early stuff and she definitely performed live, but not in recent years. (You could tell, it was terrible):)

Did she sound any good using her real voice instead of a computer?

Ok then lol :p

I hate it when you post a question on facebook asking your friends who you think the most annoying person at the school is (just as a joke) and a few people answer, then suddenly all my friends friends start answering and 500 people answered the question and call me a bully, and a teacher finds out... :?

She was definitely live, she sounded normal live bad.:)
I stuck Michael Jackson there because he lip synced live but I reluctantly have to admit he did have some talent.;)

Don't you hate it when.....Tools who ask you to do something you do it and they still complain like a child, some people have no idea hey..... :)

She was definitely live, she sounded normal live bad.:)
I stuck Michael Jackson there because he lip synced live but I reluctantly have to admit he did have some talent.;)

True, and as you said, you can't sing and dance like that at the same time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back