Drowning ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
One of my mates has a snake( yes omg a snake) but he said its going in its water bowl and like just sitting in it with his head under water for awahile ?? What's the go ??

could be mites..... I just discovered them on my new reptile, she was doing the same thing. Check the bottom of the water bowl for little black mites(dead hopefully) depends on how often and how long she is doing it.... my Girl spent what seemed to be the entire night in her bowl :shock:

One of my mates has a snake( yes omg a snake) but he said its going in its water bowl and like just sitting in it with his head under water for awahile ?? What's the go ??

oh i would love a friend with snakes haha, id say mites maybe.

Will ask him .. If so how do ya get rid of them ?

Probably not mite, some snakes like to chillout every now and then i have one diamond that sometimes spends days just chillin out then poops feeds and acts normal for a few weeks then does the water trick again. Dont stress it wont drown and may just be coming up to a shed or needed to slow digestion down, dont always jump to mites. In relation to mite Top of Decent works great.

He cant see any black things in his water bowl

My mate had a coastal who used to do that all the time because she liked to, it had nothing to do with mites or any other probems.

Yer might just be doing some laps :D Olympics is on soon training for it :D hahaha

Sometimes a snake will choose to rest in its water bowl if there are insufficient suitable hides in the enclosure. Mites, skin irritation, full belly, high temps and "cos it can" are also reasons they may choose to stay in their water bowl.

Mine never do

very very occasionally they will sort of 'splash through' it snd put water all over their enclosure but they never sit in their water....and I have bg lasagne dishes of water for them so plenty of space but they just say 'nah'

My other mate's big Olive loves to submerge in her water too with either her head or just her nostrils sticking out.

I recall Rob saying his coastal used to surface for air then duck back down and slowly blow bubbles.

I know everyone will have a story but one of my hatchies did it recently. First thing I thought was mites and started freaking out. Then I realised I'd just knocked the tub too far onto the heater and it was just getting a bit too warm. So if it's not a regular swimmer maybe have a look that temps aren't getting high for any reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back