Ear gauges, they finally make sense!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I might be a too old see why anyone who doesn't come from a culture where "ear gauges" are the tradition would have them , so I still think they just a stupid fad.

I'd love a couple of those little green lizards though (anoles ??).

It's possible to be old & open minded at the same time. You realise of course that 'normal' earrings had to originate from somewhere too? Why they're more openly accepted than stretched ears is strange to me, the two are essentially the same thing. I think it's testament to the people are scared of what they don't understand saying.

Last edited:
I'd still have mine in if I hadn't taken them out to find a job. Don't think current work would mind. Got up to 32mm, could've got a decent snake through there.

Yeah strangely enough I've been tempted I hate being judged but I've been trying to get in the mines since I left school at my last interview I was asked If I would take them out and the look said it all. I did say yes but you could tell they were judging.

Yeah strangely enough I've been tempted I hate being judged but I've been trying to get in the mines since I left school at my last interview I was asked If I would take them out and the look said it all. I did say yes but you could tell they were judging.

This is one of the reasons i didnt get any in my ears. Being in a shirt an tie and having tunnels isnt something that is normally heard of going well together. I have my tongue pieced but that isnt something any employers have picked up on or had any issues with, i dont normally go sticking my tongue out at people.

Rick

Saw this and now I understand!!

e8ms2a.jpg

This would be far more impressive if it were an Adult male Lace monitor.... Just sayin'

Hi all, I'm not into piercings and i'm not going to judge anybody, but I work with the public and see quite a lot of these things and have all ways been curious as to weather the holes close up when you take them out long term?

Im not impressed until you can get your Bredli in there:rolleyes:
(For anyone that hasn't seen it, it's HUGE!)

Sounds like quite a challenge, since that photo I've taken the piercing out, it was about tripple the thickness of that snake, now a stimi hatchling couldn't fit through it

Lol next thing on the hobby will be ear ring reptile carriers, a mini basket with a hoop to go through your ear or a hanging perch so that people can carry their lizard or snake with them like people do with small dogs and hand bags -.-

This is one of the reasons i didnt get any in my ears. Being in a shirt an tie and having tunnels isnt something that is normally heard of going well together. I have my tongue pieced but that isnt something any employers have picked up on or had any issues with, i dont normally go sticking my tongue out at people.

Rick

Guys at work give me crap about it all the time, but ultimately if your work ethic is good, and if you rock up to an interview and a shirt and tie, a boss that doesn't give you the job of your stretchers is a boss you probably don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back