eggs ain't hatching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
as you may know this is my first year of breeding my childreni and it aint been the best success. i have had 5 eggs die and have only 2 left. it is now 65 days into incubation and i was wondering what i should do? i have candled them to see whats happening but nothing to see because the eggs are really white. is there anything i should do?

id be cutting them, be careful and see if they are alive

id be cutting them, be careful and see if they are alive

what if they are alive tho...and not ready to come?

riley, yea, we pulled one out, and it had died, i got it in metho, they are so small tho. he only died a few days ago as the egg just started to go yellow and in a few days the eggs YUCK :(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Any advice?

Help
Help
Help
Help

Please..........................................................................................................i Need To Know What To Do.

Bump

You need to supply a bit more info Luke.
What type of incubator did you use?
What are your incubation temps, including min and max temps?
Details on your vermiculite mix?
Did you roll the eggs when removing them from the mother?

At 65 days they are probably all dead already unless you had low incubation temps. Did the one you removed have an egg tooth?

You need to supply a bit more info Luke.
What type of incubator did you use?
What are your incubation temps, including min and max temps?
Details on your vermiculite mix?
Did you roll the eggs when removing them from the mother?

At 65 days they are probably all dead already unless you had low incubation temps. Did the one you removed have an egg tooth?

i used a home made one from those polystyrem (?) boxes had a heat cord running around it.

temps: the hightest was 32*C and the lowest was around 26*C which stayed there for awhile. however on that note, it was mostly 29-31 in the actual box that has the eggs in.

vermiculite? never hearded of it...i used perlite...1:1 80 grams to 80 grams

nope, they were all stuck together and couldn't roll.

no it didn't, when we cut it open the eggs yoke wasn't jelly like was all hard and the body of the snake was so skinny it wasn't funny:( and it had a huge head too.

Luke

So sorry, should all be out by now.
How did you know that the other 5 egg's died ???
what / how did you incubate them ???

How long were they at 26 deg C?
THats what probably killed them.

Id cut a small vee in the top of each egg to have a look, but honestly Id say they are all gone.

not that long, the thermometer said thats what the temp was but inside the container it was always around 29-31*C.

i know 5 are gone i only have 2 left unfortunatley and they are still really white.

LOL....what if i cut it? and my parents ain't here to help....do you really think i should do it...and how big should it be?

just cut it slightly at the top so u can just peak in to see any movement, they will come out on their own if alive but most likely they could be dead

Pinch the top of the egg between your fingers or a pair of tweasers. Then make a small cut with a pair of nail scissors. You can then slide one side of the scissors into the whole and cut out the V. Den made a video of it on another forum, this shows you exactly how to do it.

I would expect that your incubation temperature was too low. I would also anticipate that most of the eggs that still look good will hatch.

I had a similar thing happen recently when thermostat probe got moved and the temperature dropped by about 4C for a number of weeks. I slit the eggs when they were a week over due and their contents looked fine. A week or so later and the pythons finally decided to poke their heads out.

Ideally you would set your incubator based on the number of days it takes your eggs to hatch but this is not particularly practical in the short term. ... but take notes and apply what you learn to future years.

ok, i will start doing it now when i have finished typeing a few things like this LOL

thanks for the help...nows the big bit, and the hard bit....fingers crossed

Luke

i have slit the V shape in, and i can't tell if they are alive, however the yoke stuff and egg white is still gooy so i think they are still alive.

is there any way i can help them get out but not do it, could i make the V a bit bigger or anything?

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back