Enclosure Internals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt it improve a snakes colours if you use uva/ubv lighting. Or does they just look better because of the extra light?

Regards Ether

interesting discussion guys (thanks for hijacking the thread :)), stockeh do you believe that everything that snakes have in the wild should be replicated? Like, how many snakes do you know of that stay in a 4x2x2 foot box permanently? How many snakes bask 2 inches away from a heat source? How many snakes get picked up on a regular basis by humans? How many snakes eat frozen food?

Man I love stirring. :) :)

are these the basics for any python?
Heat Source + Protective Covering
Day Light
Night Light
UV
Thermostat

I use reflective bulbs for heating (coloured for night)
Fluro for day light (not uv)
Sunlight (daytime handling)
The black probe thermostat
The mesh covers from URS
I also use timers
Most of the stuff was from URS but all suppliers seem to have the same stuff now, so most are reasonably priced

Ella
:)

Hey magpie, is a radiant heater good, better than ceramics, because my ceramic just isnt heating my enclosure well enough, and what watt should i get, my enclosure is about 1.3m high like 30 cm wide, and about 60 cm long,

You'd need a heat panel of higher wattage than the ceramic if the ceramic isn't doing the job.

.. or you could try a higher wattage ceramic. What is the current wattage?

??? Would floor heating like heat mat or cable serve at all, to counter that problem?(heat not reaching bottom) ?? This might distribute heat more by rising up? [ have similar problem ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back