Enhancing Photos to sell reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So does anyone do it or has anyone been duped?

I have only just got Photoshop and damn it is so easy to change the photo it got me thinking if anyone has been caught doing this!

d896090515f4d20b7fb2916447e22cea.jpg

3adedc232f3f49dd5ba442bfe16bbfd7.jpg

Ha, I'll give ya $50 for it ;)
I've enhanced photos, but only to use as avatars and stuff. I'd never enhance a pic to make a sale, although I do use the best pics I have usually. Unless the pic does not show true to life. Nothing turns me off buying an animal like a bad photo.
I need to get photoshop.

Steve, you need to take the shots in front of a plain background so you can make the background colours normal once you've modified the colour of the animal ;) The bredli works well because it has a green / blue background and you've only changed the reds.

dab9ecde36c42af5dfe9f755601d1e2c.jpg

Thats the colour it was!

Few more then

c944fecf46d83b189ec341aa44c2448b.jpg

f336937a5186d1a2a2e71180b8c59108.jpg

Red seems to be easiest..

nice hypo if only they where that red.
I'm sure if someone was stupid enough to try it they'd be shown up for being shonky.
Pretty tigh community we have and the last thing you want is a bad name if breeding is what you want to do.

no one would do that. here is a jungle i euthenased coz it was the wrong colour

Yeah true that.

This one will get you!

8c7ef4f62b3fb0f6a580d4db8efb5bea.jpg

09142631e4555fa75c2d9dc0f807a37c.jpg

(No its not mine lol)

Nice work Shane!

why photo shop an adult chondro to be red? just get a hatchie red phase hehe, there is no doubt in my mind that some people do do it

I can't see the point in doing it, all you would achieve is getting bad feedback because animals don't look like they do when they turn up with the new owner.

All good points, just thought it might be worth some discussion, by the way it is a ripper of a program!

the reason they do it is because they could make an extra few thousand dollars even a few thousand in america....

Yeah Ive been juped by a breeder that does quite a bit of photoshopping. Wont be buying of him again.

Always best to see the animals in the flesh, especially with highly variable ones like jungles and orange/red bredli.

they dont really care about feed back.. they just want money

I have photoshop somewhere on CD, if only i knew where it was, or if it wasnt thrown out accidently. I love that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back