Even more exotics on Petlink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adbacus

Reaction score
I didn't think albino burmese pythons were available in Australia, or are there just way too many people who want snakes that they see on the web without understanding the rules. If they were goin for that price I'd probably want one too.

'Posted by Mauro C (ACT) on 26-Aug-06 08:43 PM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

i want a ALBINO BURMESE PYTHON will pay $300-$500
must be a baby'

Maybe he has an exotics licence. I'd bet my left one that the guy who had one at Kellyville Pets recently had a licence for his. And probably his Alligator as well.

Not that Petlink is the best place to post a wanted add. surely you'd just go to ARAZPA

Maybe he had a license, but really, if an albino olive starts around the $10k mark, and others around the same price plus, and he wants an albino exotic, I don't really think it would be priced at $300-$500. If that was the case, others would be doin the same thing.

no my bachanalian friend, not many albino olives with heaps of demand. Lots of albino burmese and all illegal. simple market forces.

hey peter.. darren from down your way doesn't come here too oftern??

Here in Sydney the sale of exotics is pretty rife.
If you enquire at a few "pet shops " about their reptile supplies they are always saying " a customer came in the other day trying to sell me this".
Or "i can get you whatever you want", and yes these guys are serious because they know that idiots will buy them because it is illegal and they can brag to their idiot mates "oh i've got this at home", just because of the thrill of it being illegal.
Alot of cases these are cheaper than aussie snakes.A place i went to the other day the owner of the shop said"you just missed out" on getting a free burmese python.
When i said im wasn't interested that we have enough beautiful aussie snakes he thought i was crazy!!!
The guy trying to give it away had left and apparently was so desperate to get rid of it the idiot was of to dump it down the bush!!!!

I think many people posting these adds know that it is illegal and think this is a great way to do it because they can't just go into a shop and ask for exotics. Most people who have them keep it quiet. There is no way of getting in touch with an exotic breedeer in Australia. They want the breeder to get in contact with them.

adbacus - Asian house geckos are on the list to keep on licence in NSW so there is a slight possibility they are trying to acquire them legally, might not be though.

i want an iguana, but hey who doesn't..

besides i would get one with out an official liscence, i think we should let other countries pythons and reptiles, BUT with EXTREMELY STRICT LICENSING,... and a STRICT firm grip on breeding, like you have to tell authorities that you have how many, sex, age, breed, classification, and they should be able to see your enclosures on demand, and extremely hiugh fines otherwise, and quarintine on those reptile being brought in to aus...

and you should get surveyed, and interveiwed before getting even a license and before purchasing another reptile..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back