Even more exotics on Petlink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this would cost alot but i beleive some would do so..

OMG i have just tonnes of house gex here, all sizes, AAAAhahahahhah there a pest up here, little chirpers are everywhere. :p

i want an iguana, but hey who doesn't..

and a STRICT firm grip on breeding, like you have to tell authorities that you have how many, sex, age, breed, classification, and they should be able to see your enclosures on demand,

Excuse if teh quote thing didn't work, haven't used it before.

However I thought they were able to see your enclosures on demand now.

Are these wanted ads just wishful thinking? I would love a retic and a Kamodo Dragon and a albino Siberian Tiger etc To me they just show there are idiots out there who actually think they can get the animal there are advertising for. It's the For Sale ads which concern me!
P.S. Did he really say he was off to the bush to dump a Burmese?
Cheers,
Davo

i want an iguana, but hey who doesn't..

We had a pair while living in Canada. Never again. The do not make good captives... and I still have the scars to prove it.

Interestingly in many of the Pet link ads highlighted in this thread the advertiser is not hiding behind a hotmail (or similar) email address.

I would assume that most would have to be posting out of ignorance.

That said... I doubt that posting a wanted ad is breaking any laws.

There was one offering to swap "dragons" for chameleons (sp??). I wonder if the dragons were on licence??

I would also be pretty certain that the departments are keeping a pretty close eye on these forums (and this one also)!! Makes their job pretty easy really.

If the departments needed to make a couple of "busts" to lift their profile they could post their own wanted ads ;-)

I wish the department would do that, but i think they are pretty lazy when it comes to actually
hunting these guys out.

I havnt heard of anyone being cought with exotic reptiles before.

That guy 'Mauro' knows full well they are illegal.

I rang and asked him if he knew they were, and he was like, 'they're illegal? Really? You're kidding me!!' (He did not sound sarcastic either.

But obviously the need for an illegal snake outweighs the fact he could do time/be fined for getting one.
I hope NPWS get onto him, as he's been pre-warned and if he said that about them being illegal, then he obviously doesn't own the right licence.

And he didn't REMOVE the ad after I told him- he just changed it. Despite knowing they are illegal.

Its either a set up, or he really just doesn't care.

unfortunatly there are heeps of exotics and even more herps being taken out of the bush, i always have people coming into the pet shop i work at asking questions about a lizard that the found yet not even know what it is. they want to look after it but dont want to spend a cent. keeping large lizards in tiny containers no uv almost no food, and wonder why it isnt eating and is always angry. your for ever telling people like this what to do eg let them go where you found them, but they want to keep it for the kids and in the end dont really mind if it slowly dies cause they can always find another. some people should be locked up and see how they like it. LOW LIFES!

would it be possible to breed a local snake with an exotic? because that would create its own collection of problems.

M not sure but i did hear someone say that corn snakes are a possiility with tree snakes. I laughed it off at the time but now you mention it. I know they are closely related colubrids

QUOTE = would it be possible to breed a local snake with an exotic? because that would create its own collection of problems.

imagine an Inland Taipan X Black Mamba! now that would be an issue :lol:

Last edited:
QUOTE = would it be possible to breed a local snake with an exotic? because that would create its own collection of problems.

They are both elapids, have similar morphology and size. Stranger mixes have happened. I guess you would have to call it a Taimamba ;-)

Hey I think this guy is advertising in the wrong site (as in COUNTRY) accidentally.

?Aldabra Tortoises?

Surely if they have health papers they are o/s. And whats with calling them giant galapagoes tortoises didnt the charmeleon thread state they were totally different?

I WANT ONE hehehehe
Two psychopathic elapids in one package......sounds like a ton of fun

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I thought Slider Turtles are introduced pests to Australia, and someone is trying to sell them on Petlink. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted by turtles_direct (Sydney (Mascot)) on 1-Nov-06 04:04 PM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

Red Eared and Yellow Eared Slider turtles for sale

size of 50c piece

250 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back