Evolution question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would vegetarians evolve to be intellectually equal

• Of equal intelligence

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Of lesser intelligence

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Of greater intelligence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the point weare trying to get across is humans evolved to eat meat, naturally we are omnivores.

And S. nice try, but fail. not quite on the money, but its amazing would you can do with twisting the facts. Meat in itself, is not the be all or end all factor. Just because you like to eat it, and because you consider yourself a scientists, doesnt mean you will fool everyone.

In 1990, I participated in a world wide survey to see what the effects of meat eating was on gastrointestinal cancer. Using data from over 30 years, surveying over 10 million people. We learnt, that in those cultures where regular meat eating was introduced, that the incidence of cancer went up by 86%. Now, if meat is so essential to our survival, intelligence and so on, why does it cause cells to metatastisise in such a fashion. We published the research in the Journal of Medicine, (main researcher was D.J Frommer). In the same year the meat industry increased its funding to research by an astronomical amount to anyone prepared to find data that state that meat eating is healthy and necessary.

If you are able to think, you are able to derive something from that.

Now I have had the opportunity to cut up people and animals, and examine skulls and so forth. I went from being a paleontologist to a paleoanthropologist and so on... until I quit the scene all together so don't get Mr Qualified on me. Your facts are not entirely wrong, they are just twisted subjectively.

What does that have to do with intelligence though?

the people on this thread said my snakes are DUMB
*runs away weeping openly *

What does that have to do with intelligence though?

Poignant question for those arguing pro human carnivor! I wonder if they ever consider a large proportion of 'scientific findings' depend on whos paying and how much!
Sheer number of conflicting 'findings' should make that obvious.
hence the likes of 'pro-meat- ads a la Sam Neil.

I personally dont beleive diet is all that much to do with intelligence, look at most of today youth under 20. What does mc Chemi-food do for intelligence?

well i dont care who has a degree in what areas or subjects, I am a 13 years old and i believe that a poll is used to express opinions and possibly explain why you believe it and then discuss it in a civil matter.
Not to say that i am smarter because i have this degree and therefore i am right...
I must say, most people here have been discriminative here in one way or another, whether it be someone who thinks they r the better person due to degrees, or someone who thinks that people, including "religious freaks", although i believe religious people were have surficed, and "scientists" are trying to shove viewpoints down there throats.
I shared my view on the topic, with my belief that the "THEORY" of evolution is not true, but in no way am i forcing my opinion on anyone in any form or matter.

so don't get Mr Qualified on me.

i mean what is this from someone who had previously said in a previous post that they had a degree in paleontology and paleonpathology, or whatever it was.

I think everyone needs to get over themselves and use the poll in a civillised manner.

The-Guy

[

I personally dont beleive diet is all that much to do with intelligence, look at most of today youth under 20. What does mc Chemi-food do for intelligence?

Quite possibly artifically enhances it, for all we know, lol. ;)

The-Guy:
Don't get drawn in to stupid arguments. If your views differ from other peoples, thats fine, when it comes down to it, thats possibly the best way things can be. If everyone thought the same the human race would be extinct in no-time. All you can do is state your view (if you feel the need) and not worry too much about what other people have to say. If you don't want to believe what others (including myself, lol) are throwing at you, then dont, but don't stress over difference of opinion, especially in philosphical topics like this. :)

I must say, most people here have been discriminative here in one way or another, whether it be someone who thinks they r the better person due to degrees, or someone who thinks that people, including "religious freaks", although i believe religious people were have surficed, and "scientists" are trying to shove viewpoints down there throats.
I shared my view on the topic, with my belief that the "THEORY" of evolution is not true, but in no way am i forcing my opinion on anyone in any form or matter.[

Were not shoving evolution down anyone's throat we are discussing it. If you don't believe in it then don't participate in this thread, or start your own about why evolution is 'just a theory'.

And by the way, you don't understand what a theory is in the scientific sense.

Lol Rednut, Im pretty sure my last big mac was an intelligent lifeform in its own right! :D

Hmmm...could be new excuse for Andrew Johns!

Im not stressed about it, im just giving my point of view,im saying that most people here are not excpeting that others have different beliefs and seem to be quite discriminative about stupid things.

Mr black, read my post again, im saying that someone else said i was shoving my point down his throat and i was rebutting against this as i had just shared my view point...

im just giving my point of view,im saying that most people here are not excpeting that others have different beliefs and seem to be quite discriminative about stupid things.

Thats called EGO !

It's a bit of a dead argument as to whether humans would be more or less intelligent had they evolved as exclusive herbivores. I won't dignify it with further discussion.

If you bother to examine digestive systems and learn how they work, there is no question about what humans have been eating during their last few hundred thousand years of evolution.

Some obscure case where a group of people had a rise in the incidence of cancer is suppsed to change that? Perhaps eating meat does increase the incidence of cancer, or perhaps that particular group of people was eating meat processed using carcinogenic chemicals, or perhaps it had nothing at all to do with the meat (presumably when meat was introduced it happened at a time when a lot of things were changing, and any of those things could have caused the change in cancer rates). This is all quite irrelevant, it does not change the fact that predators are typically smarter than herbivores (yes, you'll find some stupid predators and smart herbivores, but for each of those there will be many, many, many more which do fit the rule) and that predation brings an evolutionary push for higher intelligence.

Eating meat may in some cases bring problems, but we are designed to eat it. What you're saying is as silly as "Every time cars are crashed, they are being driven, thus we can conclude that cars are not designed to be driven around".

Amazing that I describe the large picture in a broad sense, and from a range of aspects, and you come up with one obscure reference and accuse me of attempting to warp the facts and justify my own position! Very cute! :lol:

think of it this way look at leftists alot of them are vegetarian and then look how they act and follow eachother like sheep. and believe anything another leftist or conspiracy nut tells them instead of researching and coming to their own conclusion and opinion. so hey thats gotta mean something lol:lol:

I agree!!! Except - replace lefties with right wing conservative tories...

I've said it once, I'll say it again - I just love a big juicy steak... regardless of consequence... preferably a kangaroo rump...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back