Evolution question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would vegetarians evolve to be intellectually equal

• Of equal intelligence

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Of lesser intelligence

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Of greater intelligence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kangaroo? only had it once, it is just stringy, toughish steak...

if you get a decent one they are a really great steak, i prefer them over beef, exported all over the world these days.

Some obscure case where a group of people had a rise in the incidence of cancer is suppsed to change that? Perhaps eating meat does increase the incidence of cancer, or perhaps that particular group of people was eating meat processed using carcinogenic chemicals, or perhaps it had nothing at all to do with the meat (presumably when meat was introduced it happened at a time when a lot of things were changing, and any of those things could have caused the change in cancer rates).

Looks like this thread has stirred up a hornet's nest. I have not seen the results of this study nor have I seen the demographics used. I personally would not be surprised if excessive meat consumption contributed to some forms of cancer. Let's face it, eating some plant products can also cause cancer - or death - take curari for example.

I think (and I am by no means an authority on this subject) that most of the increased cancer rates are due to the fact we are living a lot longer. This longevity is a direct result of our intelligence - or moreso, breakthroughs in medical science (is there a direct corrleation between the two)??

It looks like people are straying from the original question. That is because as intelligent creatures we are all capable of independent thought. It is clearly obvious there are some among us who feel passionate about this subject. It is also obvious some of us (definitely not me) have considerable background - some even have degrees - in subjects relevant to this sort of discussion/topic.

I'm sure the result of the poll is probably biased by the majority of us who are "carnivores." I respect vegetarians for their choice of diet. If they feel strongly enough against eating animals, then bravo. I have very strong beliefs on pollution and the greenhouse effect, yet here I am sitting on the computer (which I never turn off), with the televsion blasting in the next room with noone watching it. I drive to work everyday when there is a free bus service available.... I wish I had the strength of those who have chosen to give up what I consider to be one of the most enjoyable things in life - eating, particularly eating meat.

I truly believe the human species has evolved to a point where diet no longer plays a role in the further development of intelligence. I would love to know in what point in our evolution this event occurred (if it has at all).

Personally I think it has got alot to do with many variables but inparticularly the food souce and its availability on how a species evolves. When a certain food source dries up there are 2 choices, either adjust & change food sources or perish.

Humans weren't ment to really be vegetarians, but I believe now we can as we have the mentality & ability to scientifically study the make up of food types and still get the required amounts of vitamins & minerals because we know what vegetarian foods will supply this as a replacement for meat.

If in evolution we didn't eat meat I reacon we would have evolved into a much weaker species to what we are now, both in staminer & muscle weight. But who knows.

Amazing that I describe the large picture in a broad sense, and from a range of aspects, and you come up with one obscure reference and accuse me of attempting to warp the facts and justify my own position! Very cute! :lol:

pwnd

I don't like kangaroo, it smells weird.

Just went down to the butcher yesterday and bought an entire Wagyu rump!! I am drooling just thinking about dinner tonight.

LOL. Maybe we should start a poll investigating whether or not using 'pwned' instead of its base 'owned' has influenced a change in intelligence. Afterall, it must take more intelligence to purposely use a misspelt word in the place of its original while still realising it will be understood, than to just use the original. Perhaps this might cause an increase in higher order logic? ;):D

LOL. Maybe we should start a poll investigating whether or not using 'pwned' instead of its base 'owned' has influenced a change in intelligence. Afterall, it must take more intelligence to purposely use a misspelt word in the place of its original while still realising it will be understood, than to just use the original. Perhaps this might cause an increase in higher order logic? ;):D

zomg, you think too much.

pwnd ftw!

Evolution can be seen, it is real no longer a theory but scientific fact.

I know this was said a while ago, but i would like to clarify what i believe...

Technically speaking, it is an unproved theory with much proof to support it.
Scientifically speaking, yes it is a fact, but i always thought that "science" is a whole bunch of lies put together to explain things that we don't understand.

for example:Gravity is used to explain why we dont fall off Earth, but seriously, Earth would be pretty crap if we just fell off it, so for some reason we dont. So some genious decided to call it gravity...

although, a scientist would believe that religion is a whole bunch of lies put together to explain things they dont understand...

Scientifically speaking, yes it is a fact, but i always thought that "science" is a whole bunch of lies put together to explain things that we don't understand.

Well actually science is about putting together hypotheses and then testing them rigorously to try and find out wether they are correct or not in order to collect proof.

To say 'science is a whole bunch of lies,' is not only strongly offensive to me, but it should be to you as well considering you wouldn't be typing on a computer without science let alone everything else science has provided, in particular in regards to health care.

oh no, we understand most of those things. they can be explained, tested and verified scientifically

I know this was said a while ago, but i would like to clarify what i believe...
for example:Gravity is used to explain why we dont fall off Earth, but seriously, Earth would be pretty crap if we just fell off it, so for some reason we dont. So some genious decided to call it gravity...

Hahahaha...come on dude, you cant possibly be that ignorant to the ways of the world. Or maybe you can.....i think i may actually have lost a few IQ points reading this post. I really hope the average person doesnt view the world the same way you do or our species is doomed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back