fav dog breed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite breed are Dobermans and I'm hoping our next dog will be a Dobe.

In the meantime though I have my two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to keep me busy, plus my OH's Siberian Husky, and we have a red and white Husky puppy arriving in a week and a half :D

Cavs are absolutely gorgeous little dogs and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. If you do decide to go with a purebred dog, purchase from a registered breeder. Here's a few piccies of my boys.

me i would go with a sharpei! They are the rollie dogs on the purex toilet paper cute as pets and great tempered as adults mind you they get big!

ive always grown up with boxers... excellent dogs, always happy and have never met a nasty one,...
do have problems with cancers and joints later on in life thou and most dont live past 11.... we had to put our boy down about a month ago .... he made it to 14 which is pretty damn old in dog years.... and a bloody good innings for a boxer...

Miss B, you're boys are so beautiful!!

Thank you :D Don't let the innocent eyes fool you though - they are very naughty!! :lol:

I really like the big breeds and the ones I'm getting soon is the Dogue De Bordeaux.... Got to love the mastiff's.... Should have the pair in a month........ Will definitely post pics once I get them........ cheers

hahahaha miss b that last photo is hilarious it looks like shes gone cross eyed lol! there all so beautiful

aw chihuahuas are funny little things i dont really see many for sale in s.a? lol jasonl thats funny, i wouldnt mind if a dog ruined my garden... theres nothing to really ruin just dirt bark chips and trees lol

If you are really unsure about what to get, try watching at a local dog training club for a while. You will see all sorts of cross and pure bred dogs. Also talk to a couple of the trainers about the breeds that would suit your lifestyle and space. Then, find a rescue organisation (for mongrels) or breeder for pure breds. Good luck! I love 'em all.

hehe i love ur avatar!! thanks for that bit of info i wouldnt mind going to one and checking out the different dogs there, and i do hope that i can get a dog from a shelter because i dont like them being put down :(
thanks again :)

thanks for the link rmcneill , i had a look at that nsw seller would be preferred and a pied would be great !!!!

yeah its a great website you can look thorugh each breed and who has puppies ans where, its where i got Storm my amstaff from

hehe i love ur avatar!! thanks for that bit of info i wouldnt mind going to one and checking out the different dogs there, and i do hope that i can get a dog from a shelter because i dont like them being put down :(
thanks again :)

The little fluffy one came from DoggieRescue who got him from the Blacktown pound. Both rotties we've had have been "free to good home". All three have been fantastic dogs. Another good thing about talking to people who do dog training is that they often know folks who do rescues or who breed dogs. There are German Shepherd breeders and dog foster carers among the trainers at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back