Feeding for Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canales

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all

After knowing that i just bought a python one of my mate gave me some frozen day old Quails carcass , she told me that they died soon after they were born. (she breed and kept quails).
I was wondering if they can be used as food for my BHP as according to her all the quail chicks were WORMED . Not sure if there are chemicals used during the worming process that might be pass on through the carcass?
Anyone had any experience before? At the moment, the BHP is being fed frozen rats from the pet store.

Cheers

I believe bird worming gel can be used for snakes as well for worming but if your snake does not have worms then I would not introduce unnecessary chemicals into it's body.

If the relatively young snake is readily eating rodents, don't offer it anything else, or you might find it rejects what you normally offer it in the future. BHPs in particular are time consuming to get started on rodents, so if you break that habit so early on in its life, you could create more problems into the future. Chuck the quail.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back