Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adandiluvsmyreptiles:
Dude, this is not some kind of shut-down contest. I am not sitting here thinking about how i can get at you, i don't even know you, you don't even know me. Basically, i did not know that it was legal to feed live in QLD, i believe you, but my only point was that there is a reason why some states hav it as illegal.

Debate, argument, hissy-fit, watever you want to call it it's a dispute that can either be resolved maturely or can go majorly out of proportion. I personally try and keep myself open to people's reasoning, and find myself often leaving with a new perspective.

It's obvious that my comment about you not being able to keep a snake struck a nerve, so i'll steer well clear of that. I sed it because your original argument was, quite frankly, pretty much wat we had dealt with already, and you were telling ppl that if they cannot bare to kill their food, they shldnt keep a snake.

I see now that at the bottom of your post you sed that you did not want to pick a fight, neither did i, sometimes i suppose that happens inadvertently, and adding "no offence" to the end of something lyk, "ur fat" rarely serves to anything (just a bit of an abstract example lol). Just got to be careful wat sort of comments you throw around here, that goes for me as well, as you never no who you're gonna hit, especially seeing as there are so many people here of so many different beliefs. You cannot afford to be too controversial.

Last edited:
I have to laugh a little at this thread, not because I find the subject matter amusing, but because you're just going around in circles, there was a similar thread nearly a year back when I first joined this place (it only made it to a few pages though). I too jumped on and said that I froze live food items, got attacked and defended myself by saying that I had seen a pet shop do it to adult rats. Long story short, I had a think about it, changed over to gassing (and buying most of my rodents pre-frozen) and even thanked people for educating me.

I think a few people here need to realise that there will always be people who do the wrong thing (whether from ignorance like me, laziness, they just don't care or even enjoyment) you can try to educate them but at the end of the day, some people will do what they want anyway, as much as you hate it, and there's nothing you can do for their animals short of going around to their house and gassing the yourself. By all means educate them of the slow and excruciatingly painful torture the animals go through, but getting personal won't do any good.

Also, to those who do freeze live, why publicly promote it as a good alternative. Just do it quietly at home if you really have to. But telling people on an animal website that its alright is naturally going to stir some of the animal lovers up. You're asking for all the "attacks" you get if you ask me, just like I did.

Unfortunately, this thread is now so long, no-one is likely to read this :lol:

Hey Hix how would you kill your food if you bred them?

Either CO2 or cervical dislocation. Probably CO2.

As has been mentioned, this thread has been going on for a long time. Everyone has expressed their opinions (and in many cases defended said opinions) so we know where everybody stands. Hopefully, this thread will have provided many people - including newbies - much to ponder on.

It appears there is nothing new to be added to the arguments, and as Tatelina's question has been well and truly answered, I'm now closing this thread.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back