Feeding my haltchling.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faithygirl

Reaction score
I have 2 hatchling coastal carpet pythons, they're 2 months old. One is eating fine, but the other, is just constricting her pinkie and cuddling it for an hour or so until i have to take it off her as there is blood & guts everywhere. She's eaten four times before while with the breeder. She takes the rat fine, but doesn't seem to know where to go from there after she constricts, she even tried to start eating one of her coils the silly girl! Any suggestions.....like how long do i give her before I stir her up to try & make her eat it, or do i just leave her completely???

Leave the food item with her at least overnight and dont look until the morning.

an assist feed

you could try an assist feed.i use that method when getting non feeding hatchys started.hold the snake behind the head as you would when giving it an examination.gentley open the front of the snakes mouth with the nose (head) of the food item.the snake should clamp down on the food item (bite it and hold on).gentley lay the snake down on the floor,with the food item still clamped in its mouth,lay the snake gentley down on to the floor,your bed,a tub,etc.the snake should then start to walk up the food item with its jaws.in no way try and hold your snakes mouth shut.it must grab and clamp the food item under its own power.its doing everything else right so hopefully you should only have to do this method once or twice.
cheers shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back