feeding neo's baby rats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paultheo

Reaction score
Hi everybody, just a query anyone tried to feed their hatchlings pinkie rats before?
As I live in the bush it is very hard to find a supply of pinkie mice,but my mate breeds rats and i have an ample supply of pinkies through him.
yesterday i gave my hatchlings (3weeks old now) a try with what i thought were way too big pinkie rats, i left them overnight and woke to find 5 had smashed them down. I never thought it was possible for a hatchy to eat such a large food item. ill try to get piccies posted today.

.Any hatchie carpet species i feed velvet-fuzzy mice rather then pinky rats..But if you have Anteresia hatchies i also cant imagine then getting pinky rats down..We really cant give much help without knowing what species were talking about...

I have seen pink mice which are larger than pink rats , so it depends upon the size of the food item and as others have said the size of the hatchling . We feed all our carpets ,olives,bhps and womas on pink rats.Sometimes Anteresia if the rats are small enough, but then we have a lot to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back