Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly says in his second email to me that they're over seas with him ;) I don't think it's worth the risk.
I don't neccessarily think that it's a scam thuogh - this guy could be 100% genuine that he has the snakes and is wanting to sell them. Think about it, who would waste their time trying to scam someone out of $300 lol, it's not really enough to justify your own time lol.
I just don't think its worth the risk of loosing your whole collection if you get caught having them shipped to you ;)
Bex
These tossers relpy to every single wanted ad they can in the birds, poultry, fish and reptile section. Always the same story. Jusr for fun, tell them you know its a scam and you have reported them. They reply with abuse and death threats. LOvely people really, only want the best for their animals.

These tossers relpy to every single wanted ad they can in the birds, poultry, fish and reptile section. Always the same story. Jusr for fun, tell them you know its a scam and you have reported them. They reply with abuse and death threats. LOvely people really, only want the best for their animals.

lol Good to see someone thinks along the same lines!
Done already, my last sentence was informing them that this email will be forwarded to the relevant Authorities for scrutinizing!

If you read the ad, its says he is in Cameroon......
You would not be able to import them into Australia even if you did buy them, and the deal was for real...
Remember people, import and quarantine regulations are nearly impossible to bring reptiles into this country...

If you read the ad, its says he is in Cameroon......
You would not be able to import them into Australia even if you did buy them, and the deal was for real...
Remember people, import and quarantine regulations are nearly impossible to bring reptiles into this country...
Zoo's and research purposes only to be precise!

ye don't fall for it, I got the same email when I was selling some parrots.

I know a person that actually paid for the freight cost and were told first that there was some delay and that the parrots were to be held at the airport and that they couldn't pay for their stay so to add an additional $50 and then that the plane crashed..... ye right.

It's a scam. Google Cameroon and scam, you will see the typical letters that these people send out to rip people off.

did any of you get the one where a woman is really sick and has cancer and her husband was like an officer or something and the email says that they want you to have the million dollars as they have no family left? All you have to do is reply to say that you agree..... and then pay for the lawyers costs hmmmm..... haha

Thanks for the scam warning. I hadn't heard of that one before.

did any of you get the one where a woman is really sick and has cancer and her husband was like an officer or something and the email says that they want you to have the million dollars as they have no family left? All you have to do is reply to say that you agree..... and then pay for the lawyers costs hmmmm..... haha

Haven't we all received, oh, a few hundred of those? :?

I have advertised on petlink a dew times now and there alway's seem's to be someone that has what you are looking for or what's to buy your (pet).

My advive is if anything is written about Cameroon then stay clear.
Plenty of good people around , just got to pick through the scum

yeah i was once scammed trying to get thick-tailed geckos (along with alot of other ppl), and all you need to do is ask for a phone number....i did and he said he had no way of getting to one!!! i said mobile, landline, pay phone, neighboors, local shops and he said he couldnt get to any...although this was afetr i had paid him!!! my mistake.....big mistake

I would say 98% scam and if its not, then the animals probably are wild caught or not on the books

Be carefull but good luck

the easiest way to do it is for you to organise the shipping from your end. Just tell him you can get it cheaper and that all he needs do is drop it at the airport and that you have paid for it already. Problem solved

SCAM BIGTIME - hahahaha
they contacted me when I advertised for a male hypo bredli - as they had one for $230
Does anyone know where Cameroon is ?
I didn't till I looked it up.....again ahahaha
Sandee :)

if i buy any reptiles that iare interstate. i wont pay for it untill i get my export permit,
because if they are not licsensed then the dse (wildlife authorities) will not issue a permit,

because say for example i want a snake in qld the dse will call the wildlife authorities in qld and check up on them to make sure there licsense legitemant,

you cant go wrong, also when you put the money in there account do it through internet banking and print the receipt.

thanks,

sam

also i wonder even if it was true would you need a internation licence but theirs one born every min ,if you go ahead with that hay i have this brige in sydney and i can sell it to you for a good price lol,

definatly a scam,come on,u couldnt think otherwise,1 u couldnt take em to cameroon,2 or back,and its not only for 300 bucks,think how many people they email about it,all adds up to mega shonky,pmsl,ive had plenty of simalar emails,none concerning reptiles though

snakes

the person sent me the exact same email concernign 2 diamond pythons it's a scam the biggest joke i belives him but didnt sne the money because i chickened out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back