"Feral" is a term used too loosely here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a decent set thank you very much.I also happen to hate cats specifically because they kill for fun.I have spent a lot of time,effort and money encouraging native wildlife to set up residence in and around our backyard and I'll be stuffed I will allow any roaming cat to come in and do the things that come naturally to them.

They kill for fun? lololololol.

MOST animals don't souly kill for food. You telling me dogs don't toy with animals like cats do?

I have 3 cats none are feral in fact they all sleep next to the bed at night with me.

My cats have never been allowed out 1 time in there life. The only time they have been out of the house is in a carry cage to the vet for there check up.

I can proudly say my cats have killed no native wildlife.

I think if all people did this then the issue would be resolved.

I believe no cats should be allowed outside at any time.

If the governments get of there *** and make it law that no cats are allowed outside then i believe that will go a long way to help fixing the problem.

Dogs on the other hand even if confined in a backyard can kill native wildlife so i would actually submit that if a cat is housebound it is less likely to kill native wildlife than a dog backyard bound.

I believe "feral cat" refers to a cat which is not used to humans and is not owned and is at large.

I support the shooting of all wild cats.

this makes you a responsible cat owner...
my dogs are back yard dogs and off leash bush dogs, 1 having lived his life on a property.
i take them on herp trips with me and help with making it easier to grab a monitor for pics. they never bite the animals i've chased. they've never attacked a snake when looking through the scrub, even the 1's they find first. and they walk behind me. a dog is as good as it is trained. yet i can say they will kill on my comand, but never without. i will shoot mungrel pidgeons with a slingshot in my backyard and they finish the job if i unfortunately didn't make a kill hit. but they learn quick as to what they can and can't kill. they only get to hunt feral mice and rats. but they will corner it and make a @%$# load of noise so i always see if it's native first.. i do however hate seeing dogs outside the fence without the owner present.
again, the owners that want animals in thier yard should take the responsibility of making sure thier boundary is secure so nothing can push it open, jump over or dig under and even squeeze through the fence. cos cts can be locked inside all day and nite with no effect. dogs need a yard and room. it is always the owners fault first if the animal gets out, the animals fault second

Watched a doco yesterday about killer whales and what they did to a southern right whale calf just for fun, they only ate his bottom jaw and then they left.Very cruel

Cats should'nt be allowed to roam the streets, nor should any domesticated animal.
Cats are just harder to enclose, so to all those who have cats get them a cat run or something if you really want their company so that they ARN'T killing natives.

No point arguing this, nobody will agree to disagree.

Watched a doco yesterday about killer whales and what they did to a southern right whale calf just for fun, they only ate his bottom jaw and then they left.Very cruel

Exactly.

I am actually finding it hard to think of animals that don't toy with their prey other than snakes?
That was a really stupid reason for hating on cats Ramsayi

All you BLOKES who so proudly sprout off that you kill cats because they are endangering the native wildlife need to grow a set and admit that you just hate cats. If it was the environment you were so worried about, you'd be out there making a real difference instead of terrorising poor cats for the fun of it.

Makes you a real man (not)!!!
oh i do my part for it thanks, and i only hate cats outside thier respectful yard.... not thier extended yard.... the 1 beyond the owners fence. again if i could pop the ignorant owners i would. and to be honest. i dont know many ppl driving the streets that shoot cats with guns... only hear of it sometimes out bush were they are truly feral not stray...

just cos some1 says that they control cats by culling doesn't mean they hate them. they just hate them out of thier yard....

i so want a scrubbie, it's funny as hell when a stupid stray leaves it's yard in to mine and i sik the dogs on it, funny tho, i need to tell em to go it...

Is it me or is this whole APS cat thing (not only this thread) gone past's it used by date?

Just a thought...

Cats should'nt be allowed to roam the streets, nor should any domesticated animal.
Cats are just harder to enclose, so to all those who have cats get them a cat run or something if you really want their company so that they ARN'T killing natives.

No point arguing this, nobody will agree to disagree.

I 100% DISAGREE

Cats are easier to enclose than dogs as cats are happy to use litter trays inside.

There is no excuse for anyone who lets there cat out accept ignorane, lack of education and stupidity.

oh i do my part for it thanks, and i only hate cats outside thier respectful yard.... not thier extended yard.... the 1 beyond the owners fence. again if i could pop the ignorant owners i would. and to be honest. i dont know many ppl driving the streets that shoot cats with guns... only hear of it sometimes out bush were they are truly feral not stray...

just cos some1 says that they control cats by culling doesn't mean they hate them. they just hate them out of thier yard....

i so want a scrubbie, it's funny as hell when a stupid stray leaves it's yard in to mine and i sik the dogs on it, funny tho, i need to tell em to go it...

This kind of mentality only gives people who do the wrong thing with there cats the upper hand.

Your clearly being cruel.

yeah lets stop the arguing, every1 has an opinion tho.... but these killer whales.... thats it they must be feral... lets kill em!!!!!! lol

the thing is cats KILL because they can . they bring the prey to their owner looking for praise . yes it is up to the owner to keep them inside .trouble is MOST don't

We have a problem with a local cat ATM. We have sugar gliders out side, and a neighbour lets their cat out 24/7. Most nights it comes around and tries to kill my gliders.
Our problem is, I know If I go around and tell this person whats going on and they should keep there cat inside, Thats not going to happen. So the next step is to trap it and take it to the pound. Now if the cat has a micro chip, they will get a call that there cat has been cought and the need to pick it up. My third option is for the cat to just dissappear.
Now if I do the first and second options, the owner will put two and two together and figure out that it was me, and if option three should happen I'll get the finger pointed at me...
So my question is to the pussy lovers.
What would you do?

I 100% DISAGREE

Cats are easier to enclose than dogs as cats are happy to use litter trays inside.

There is no excuse for anyone who lets there cat out accept ignorane, lack of education and stupidity.

A cat is going to jump a fence alot easier than most dogs. They climb, duh.
I meant it's easier to enclose a dog in a yard, than it is a cat which based on the evidence is quite true.

But i'm not arguing further.

Go over there and tell them you dont want there cat in your backyard.

And that it is trying to attack your sugar gliders.

If they say **** off to you then trap it and take it to the local pound.

We have a problem with a local cat ATM. We have sugar gliders out side, and a neighbour lets their cat out 24/7. Most nights it comes around and tries to kill my gliders.
Our problem is, I know If I go around and tell this person whats going on and they should keep there cat inside, Thats not going to happen. So the next step is to trap it and take it to the pound. Now if the cat has a micro chip, they will get a call that there cat has been cought and the need to pick it up. My third option is for the cat to just dissappear.
Now if I do the first and second options, the owner will put two and two together and figure out that it was me, and if option three should happen I'll get the finger pointed at me...
So my question is to the pussy lovers.
What would you do?

Most pounds have a fee for picking up an animal due to it's being found roaming.
I would take it to the pound. I did this with a beagle that was let to roam the streets after dark and he was entire, they had to pay five hundred dollars to get him back, they sure hate me but atleast they don't let him out anymore.

A cat is going to jump a fence alot easier than most dogs. They climb, duh.
I meant it's easier to enclose a dog in a yard, than it is a cat which based on the evidence is quite true.

But i'm not arguing further.

There is no need to enclose it if its house bound.

So no need to worry about the fence jumping or whatever else.

To blindsnake

I would tell the owner that the cat trap will be always set and any cat caught in it will go to the pound, if you have a cat curfew, then he will get tired of paying the fines.
Dont be scared of educating the moron.

There is no need to enclose it if its house bound.

So no need to worry about the fence jumping or whatever else.

Alot of people don't want to confine their cats to a house, i am one of them, that's why i suggested a cat run, or take it for walks.

Relax sweet cheeks, i'm on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back