First love bite from my new big boy :-D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfias

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Day 3 since getting my new coastal, handled him for about 5 mins the second night to get him familiar with me, he was abit jumpy to touch so I'm taking it slow, tonight he was a little less jumpy but when he started smelling my hand for too long I knew it was coming lol , he didn't "strike" just slowly took a nibble lol quite cute but still got abit of claret flowing :)

...Pics?! I know you're only fairly new here, but we have an unspoken "rule"... Pics, or it didn't happen! (we believe you, but... you know how it is! ;))

And how many times do you need to be told, leave your new toy alone for a week to settle, before yoy start to handle???

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

lol sorry pics take a while to upload here, prob coz they are big files :)

you are right tinky, ill give him a few more days to settle
just dont want him to be lonely :-(
but we are now more acquainted lol

Last edited:
Ahhh, MUCH better! :lol: You have done well Morfias! Oh, on all counts, that is! :) Last "tag" I had (last night, actually) wasn't enough blood for the camera to pick up! Yours, is adequate! :)

Well done!

Best,
Carolyn

And how many times do you need to be told, leave your new toy alone for a week to settle, before yoy start to handle???

if ya read his profile it states; new to the site and the snake world, alot of people, including me until 2 days ago, do not know you are not meant to handle them straight away

Nice shot of the old clarret.

it is so hard not to love them until you bleed. . . .

Nice shot of the old clarret.

it is so hard not to love them until you bleed. . . .

hahaha so true , but i still love him, he is just being..well.. a snake ! lol

and yes peckzz still very much an amatuer , have only had my baby stimi for about 6 months and he is so sweet and loving
i guess i was reading too much about if you neglect them they get snappy, but leason learnt !!
now to continue with my awesome DIY project WOOHOO !! addicted much !! lol

For some reason, I was expecting a hatchy pic lol.

I bet that felt lovely :)

Army or Raffy?

Morfias, I`d love to see a better shot of that coastal, looks pretty nice from what I can see of it.

lol yeh wasnt as bad as i thought , more just the shock of it i guess lol

Army :-D

Morfias, I`d love to see a better shot of that coastal, looks pretty nice from what I can see of it.

thanks norm, i have a couple in my profile in the pics album

looks like cranberry juice to me :) Haha just kidding its a decent bite and a beautiful snake

im in same boat man, had a jungle from hatch and she is about a year n half old, never ever striked at me once lol, now i got this big bugger last week and wanted to handle him an thought it was right, well yea i got a snap to the face (missed :D) now i know not to touch him, all learning, and if theres one thing ive learnt so far, everyone has a different way of raising there snake :D

Biting the way it did would suggest to me that it is hungry
It knew you were not really food
But also knew that it could smell something tasty even if was big so it had a nibble
Generally a frightened or alarmed snake will tag you
ie hit you with open mouth but not latch on
A pure feeding response is when they hit and wrap you

This appears to be neither of those so a feed might be in order
One question might also be
Had you just handled your baby stimpsons?
I have seen exactly that response by larger snakes after handling hatchies

too true , have you got pics up of yours ?? ill go for a snoop on your profile for some :)

But also knew that it could smell something tasty even if was big so it had a nibble

ah !! you are a wise man, yes i had just put the baby away and got him out !!!
that must of been it, coz he didnt strike just smelled me alot where the lil one had been !!
brilliant !! wont be doing that again !! lol

you are so so correct, my snake i just got didnt latch on just tried to tag, tried feeding him after and he wouldnt take it, your theory makes sense :D

Is this a behaviour they display when older?i handle my beardie,will maybe grab out my woma for a love,and then most times my jungle will come out lastly.touch wood no one has reacted to me between handlings,if i smell remotly like rats or mice,rabbit or g.pig,furry vermin,then even my bubby childrens will have a little snap at me.and that's the only time.smells from each other don't seem to bother them.......at the mo.all are still qute young,does this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back