First love bite from my new big boy :-D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HaHa i've been waiting for the Defence group APS to get bigger than 1 before I joined maybe you might just tip the scales so to speak. I'm ex 3RAR, 4Th FLD

Nice bite, I'm yet to be bitten by a large python, 6 of my snakes are still only young, and my 7ft male coastal has never bitten... yet. I've had him for almost a year so I think I'm doing well so far. I'm glad you got pics, we love blood on here :)

Sookie
That reaction to young snakes scent by bigger ones is NOT common especially in Carpets
It was only mentioned because it fitted that particular bite
It is however more common with waters, olives, blackheads, womas etc if they smell a young snake of another species
It is totally different to a real bite in the way they do it
They seem to just sniff around for a while then open their mouths and chew
usually letting go fairly quickly

Womas and black heads eat other reptiles in the wild
So just be a bit careful with yours
No need to panic about it
Simply be a bit more careful

EG If I was doing a demonstration using waters/bhp/womas I always demoed them before I took out any young snakes
Same with using birds/rodents/mammals Do the snakes first then the birds etc or else use alcohol cleaner to wipe any scent off

Ah I like the alcohol wipe idea might use that one..

HaHa i've been waiting for the Defence group APS to get bigger than 1 before I joined maybe you might just tip the scales so to speak. I'm ex 3RAR, 4Th FLD

So there's a defence group here ?? I'll have to look for it, did you go choc ? Or get out completely ??

Is this a behaviour they display when older?i handle my beardie,will maybe grab out my woma for a love,and then most times my jungle will come out lastly.touch wood no one has reacted to me between handlings,if i smell remotly like rats or mice,rabbit or g.pig,furry vermin,then even my bubby childrens will have a little snap at me.and that's the only time.smells from each other don't seem to bother them.......at the mo.all are still qute young,does this matter?

It is always a good idea to clean your hands before and between handling any of your reptiles (or any pet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back