First RPM/JAG hatchos for the season

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have there is a RP jungle, RP standing for reduced Pattern.

The RPM stands for REDUCED PATTERN MODIFIED, but more or less RPM also means Jaguar morph.RPM/JAG is a co-dominant mutation, where RP is basically a line bred carpet with desired traits for reduced pattern.

Shortstuff61,
the comp is open untill 5pm on the 4th of Feb, still plenty of time..........

Ah, thanks. Got the months mixed up there! :p
The Caramel Jags and the Tiger Striped Jungles are my favs, you have some awesome looking stuff! Best of luck with all the hatchlings.

Tim

What you have there is a RP jungle, RP standing for reduced Pattern.

The RPM stands for REDUCED PATTERN MODIFIED, but more or less RPM also means Jaguar morph.RPM/JAG is a co-dominant mutation, where RP is basically a line bred carpet with desired traits for reduced pattern.

Shortstuff61,
the comp is open untill 5pm on the 4th of Feb, still plenty of time..........
Ah ok. We don't use RPM over here, hence me not knowing what it meant. Your snakes would just be sold as reduced pattern jaguars.
She's actually a little striped Irian Jaya so more of a northwestern than a jungle.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Read the quote in the post above yours

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

P1310272.jpgP9251254 [].jpgP1310276.jpgP9251261 [].jpg

Brisbane boy,

A RPM/JAG is a python with a reduced pattern and enhanced colouration. It also must posses a co-dominant gentic trait to produce that physical look. You can breed a RPM/JAG to another standard carpet python and approx half the clutch will be RPM/JAGS, the other half will be standard carpet pythons.

The first 2 pics show standard CARAMEL carpet pythons as a hatcho and as an adult, the next 2 are CARAMEL RPM/JAGS as a hatcho and as an a adult. You can clearly see the difference between the 2 outcomes at both ages.

Grab yourself a copy of the latest Scales and Tails Magazine from the newsagent and there is an article about RPM/JAGS. It outlines what there is you need to know about keeping and breeding them. You can also win one.........

Attachments

• PB031383 [].jpg
    PB031383 [].jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 93
Just got a new computer and this is the first attempt at uploading some pics, thanks for the help from some of the members in chit chat.......hope it works

Attachments

• P1041729.jpg
    P1041729.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 126
  • P1021653.jpg
    P1021653.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 126
  • P1081737 [].jpg
    P1081737 [].jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 127
  • P1081749 [].jpg
    P1081749 [].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 127
  • P1081748 [].jpg
    P1081748 [].jpg
    54 KB · Views: 123
I am really liking the last one, I have a friend coming around to do some hatcho pics for the website later today, I will add up some of his pics, at least they will be in focus.....lol

Cheers jAMES

I like all of them, good work Barra

honestly most jags i have seen in aust collections are quite blah IMO, i've seen better coastals but i have to say these are some of the specimens that makes jags worth drooling over, fantastic work mate

can anyone please tell me what a jag/rpm is exactly

'RPM' is just a stupid name given to an already named morph that arose in Europe, i.e. Jags. Jags are co-dominant hets for a leucistic super form that is fatal.

what would you guys call this? 3 different animals

Attachments

• prossies 038.jpg
    prossies 038.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 114
  • prossies 033.JPG
    prossies 033.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 105
  • prossies 032.JPG
    prossies 032.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 100
Well considering the name for the pic is prossies, i would call them Proserpine's.

haha nice prossies and nice fail Byron...

Had a mate come over to take pics of the available hatchies for the website. Its good to finally see some in focus and not over exposed.....lol

Greenmad, no defects in these.....

Byron, nice prossies and if the weather fines up we will hit the mackeral this weekend.....

Attachments

• Hatch 50p Gold Jag 2.jpg
    Hatch 50p Gold Jag 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Hatch 50p Gold Jag 4.jpg
    Hatch 50p Gold Jag 4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Hatch 75p Gold Jag 2-1.jpg
    Hatch 75p Gold Jag 2-1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Hatch 75p Gold Jag 3.jpg
    Hatch 75p Gold Jag 3.jpg