Flat Pack Enclosures - what would you expect to pay for one?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three little enclosures that my husband built for me. The front, sides and back are hinged and fold down on top of each other and the roof sits on top with two bolts at each end to keep it together. To set them up, each side just fold up, and put the roof on. I am as unhandy as they come. But to set these up, the only thing I have to worry about is losing my allen key that I need to tighten up or undo the bolts. I am notorious for not putting things back where they belong, and every time I use it I will put it down in a different spot each time.

We've decided against flat packs for now, thanks for the courtesy post though.
May look at custom enclosures, you give us the design you want, we quote you on it type thing.

We can pump out several enclosures a day with the set up so can do racks, stacks etc.
This was to be a side project but we are focusing more on shop fit outs for now.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to inbox bec...

Oh and I'm Mr bECS ;)

Also dmented, if you look into it, you can get patterned melamine that can look like terracotta or slate coloured etc.
Nicer than Black or white but more expensive. People will pay bit extra for quality and attention to detail.
Our worry was if we were to go through all the hoops to set it all up, pay for the more expensive materials then be stuck with a factory full of enclosures.
Reptile Keepers are well known for changing their minds about what they want and how they want it, we have been tyre kicked enough times when selling reptiles and reptile related products to know that.

Last edited:
We've decided against flat packs for now, thanks for the courtesy post though.
if you look into it, you can get patterned melamine that can look like terracotta or slate coloured etc.

Your welcome Tommy.
I have looked at all the different colours but your right in the price being so much higher.
My wife is sick of me spending time in the garage building enclosures for myself or friends which is why I am looking at getting some manufactured.
I'd be ordering in Black because it matches all my current boxes, if it's cost effective I'll store what I don't need for sale or use myself as my collection grows.
If I have to order 200 enclosures, I'll go back to making my own when I need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back