"For Sale" threads - a change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Due to problems we have been having with the "For Sale" forum, a new change has been implemented.

When a Seller starts a new thread in the For Sale forums, only the seller can post in that thread. To everyone-else, the thread will appear locked.

If you want to buy the animal or item, you will need to PM the seller. When the animals are sold, the seller can post that, so people will stop PMing them.

Sellers should be aware that if they don't put all the relevant info in the first post (like location, price, willing to freight and pictures), you may be PMed for those details.

:p

Hix

Hey Hix!

how about the seller having to put the state they live in in the title?? Would save alot of time looking at interstate things for people.

just a thought?

They should be doing that now. Many of them don't bother and the default - ACT - appears.

Hix

Could this be bad for the sellers though, posting allows a question to be asked and if the op replies to it in that thread it in turn answers questions that other members may be wondering/interested in themselves. Could end up being a pain for the seller bein bombarded with pms and all. Eg the SilkWormCity fs thread, alot of people are interested in the product but it seems not to many people know how to look after them and all, so all the replies and discussion there have turned out for the good you'd guess. Would hate to imagine the number of pms SilkWorCity would get if they couldn't discuss :p.

I don't mind the change but i think it was better before :p but thats me and im not a seller.

If they get a number of PMs asking the same thing, they can post the response in their thread. The seller can post, and only the seller.

As I said, this will encourage them to put all the important info in the first post.

I haven't seen the silkworm thread, but if there was a discussion, that should have been a separate thread in one of the discussion forums.

Hix

So i have to send my chit chat to the seller via PM?? Well, that's a bit of stuffing around, but if that's the way it has to be.. :)

thank god for that! So you mean now there won't be a hundred ' PMd you' posts?? I've never worked that out, why need to tell someone that when they are obviously going to get your message anyway??

This would be great - as it was my first venture in selling on this site I missed some really important info in the original post - then couldn't edit it. Also, some buyers were registering their interest in the thread rather than pm-ing me which meant I had to check both the thread and my pm's every time. For me this change would work really well. Keep up the good work!!

Sounds like a good idea .
Can we delete old for sale thread some how ? ...... I sold a camera in november last year and i'm still getting pm's about it ......:shock:

so for the seller,. the add will just continue to make its way down the list, until no one reads it,. or the seller bumps it,. which will get a bit annoying!,.

so for the seller,. the add will just continue to make its way down the list, until no one reads it,. or the seller bumps it,. which will get a bit annoying!,.

If the other posts in the for sale section are not getting any comments posted , then yours will not move down the list as fast as it would now .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back