"For Sale" threads - a change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"For Sale"

As there will no longer be any chit chat, the threads will not go down the list as quickly as they do now.

The classifieds on Herptrader and RDU work well enough without people being able to ask questions, I don't see why this new system should be any different.

I wonder if people will PM the seller and say "If only I had the money!"

So a seller cant bump his own add up,or add to his original add with another post thereby bumping it to the top again Greeb,and how come you got infractions greebs thats just a form of self mutilation and incest,like punching yourself in the head, very kinky baby!! :lol:

This could end up annoying and wasting buyer and sellers time, unless the thread is kept up to date theres no way of telling whats still available etc least with replys you can kinda guestimate whats being taken or not. See how it goes i guess =P.

Yeah, it was my idea.

I wanted each thread to have just one post - the first one. When the goods were sold, the seller could report that post to the Mods, saying it was sold, andf the Mods could then add a post to the thread stating the goods were sold.

Adam said he could set it up so only the person who created the thread can post in it. This is a better idea, and I'm glad we can do that.

This means that if Zulu starts a thread, he can bump it. And if he doesn't tell everyone when the item is sold, he will continue to get PMs from people wanting to buy.

:p

HIx

sounds good to me hix,if people are seriously interested they can pm the seller,and sellers often bump them selves back up anyways so this new thing wont change anything there,so if u wanna know stuff about an animal peoples,just pm the seller,just realised why my wanted add says act to,lol,im thinking great idea hix

Sounds good. Will also aid in ensuring sellers make all relevant info public right from the start.......otherwise they face a bombardment of pm's.lol

Sounds good. Will also aid in ensuring sellers make all relevant info public right from the start.......otherwise they face a bombardment of pm's.lol

Well i did make all info very clear in my add , and i thought the pm thing was going to be a good idea ....that is till last night ......

I received 6 pm's about and ad, all from the same person ....
1 what kind do i have
2 how much
3 do they include such and such
4 how much
5 where are you located
6 can i see a photo

All of this information is definitely in my add , plain as day , yet i spent 1hour and 20 minutes replying and waiting , until i asked if the person was keen to buy the item then the replies stopped ........
so the tyre kicking has just been moved from the forums to my pm box :shock:

thank god for that! So you mean now there won't be a hundred ' PMd you' posts?? I've never worked that out, why need to tell someone that when they are obviously going to get your message anyway??

But now we're going to get alot of BUMPs.

one problem is, that when sellers post to say that an item is sold the thread will then get bumped to the top!

Dicky, it is just a matter of pm'ing one of the mods and they will gladly do that for you.

Hehehe as long as it is only your thread of course! :lol:

Since seller can post in to topic, Only needed action is his post as last. S O L D.
People will not pm you after this.

Zulu, they do it now anyway, why would that be any different?

Sellers who put to many bumps on they post just putting they chances down.
I would be suspicious to purchase animal with 25 bumps. LOL.

Since seller can post in to topic, Only needed action is his post as last. S O L D.
People will not pm you after this.

you would think that should be the case Slateman , but some people just don't get the SOLD bit :lol:

one problem is, that when sellers post to say that an item is sold the thread will then get bumped to the top!
For last time but. And all people will know that animal is gone. This is good information for other sellers anyway, they can see that this type of animal is selling fast for certain price.

Well i did make all info very clear in my add , and i thought the pm thing was going to be a good idea ....that is till last night ......

I received 6 pm's about and ad, all from the same person ....
1 what kind do i have
2 how much
3 do they include such and such
4 how much
5 where are you located
6 can i see a photo

All of this information is definitely in my add , plain as day , yet i spent 1hour and 20 minutes replying and waiting , until i asked if the person was keen to buy the item then the replies stopped ........
so the tyre kicking has just been moved from the forums to my pm box :shock:

I would sus out whether they are geniune or not by the first PM. If they can't put enough info in the first PM to seem as if they are an ideal buyer I wouldn't bother replying.

Yeah, it was my idea.

I wanted each thread to have just one post - the first one. When the goods were sold, the seller could report that post to the Mods, saying it was sold, andf the Mods could then add a post to the thread stating the goods were sold.

Adam said he could set it up so only the person who created the thread can post in it. This is a better idea, and I'm glad we can do that.

This means that if Zulu starts a thread, he can bump it. And if he doesn't tell everyone when the item is sold, he will continue to get PMs from people wanting to buy.

:p

HIx

Thats the way Hix just one post initially by the seller ,the seller can then tell a mod to delete which should keep adds in order of when they were placed,you would have to stop multiple adds for the same item also as its another way of queue jumping.

Instead of them bumping the SOLD post, maybe they should just edit the last post to indicate sold.

You can only edit your post so long after you initially post it. Then you need to do a 'reply'.

If they increased the amount of time, it can (and has already) made other threads seem 'odd' because of the editing of a earlier post that replies were aimed at.

Hope that makes sense. :shock:

You can only edit your post so long after you initially post it. Then you need to do a 'reply'.

If they increased the amount of time, it can (and has already) made other threads seem 'odd' because of the editing of a earlier post that replies were aimed at.

Hope that makes sense. :shock:

Makes about as much sense as why the Yanks can't find Osama......

No, really. I thought about that after I posted and yeah, the limited edit time kinda cuts you short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back