For the doubters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewwww....you ate golden perch.....but then i don't like fish in general :)

grrrrrrr!
hahahaha, I knew someone would bite......hehehehe :wink: :lol:

I loooooove fishin, ask Greggles, he's seen the Marlin I've got hanging on the wall and yes I did catch it. Been fishing competitions since I was a little tacker...... would post some piccies but unfortunately their all in old film and not digital and I don't have a scanner..

Same here Fuscus, T&R was mostly what we did, all the enjoyment of the catch and then the enjoyment of seeing "some" of them swim away...
But there's nothing like a feed of fresh fish....yummy :lol:

Go the catch and release hugsta......bloody spearies......i'll jag you fuscy :twisted: :wink:

That's it duga, at least they have a chance of getting away with us, either breaking they line or being released. A bit hard to release a speared fish........... :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Oh boy, is this going to start a fight.
Sport fishing or catch and release, no matter how you dress it up, is torturing fish for fun. Fishing for the table, at least has the (minor) justification of food.
Spearfishing, done properly, is at least quick and has the least amount of by-catch.

Just joking with ya fuscy
LOL Fuscy, shouldn't take things too personal....hehehehe :lol:
I sure we've all killed a fish or two in our day, regardless of how. Just holding a fish without wetting your hands is enough to kill it. Our skin takes the slime of there body which is their protactive coating. It burns them and if bad enough they will die. So even if you catch a little bream and let it go, if you've handled it badly chances are it will die. Just what Dr Julian Peperall(if that's correct spelling) told me. :lol:

Oh boy, is this going to start a fight.
Sport fishing or catch and release, no matter how you dress it up, is torturing fish for fun. Fishing for the table, at least has the (minor) justification of food.
Spearfishing, done properly, is at least quick and has the least amount of by-catch.

I agree! I'm so astonished that people have been given hefty fines for hurting mice etc, when it is perfectly acceptable to go out, drag an animal which is fighting for its life by a hook which is stuck in its mouth!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fishing, it's one of my favourite sports (spearfishing!!! YAY!!! :D ) But I always eat what I catch and won't catch if I don't plan to eat it. And as you say, spearfishing has little or no by-catch (and it's extra cool 'cause you get to chase it and take aim etc :) :D )

Yes, fishing is a half hearted way of satisfying the hunting urge that is in the genes. Going out and tackling large animals is much more effective!

i love fishing!
i used to go all the time when i was little, i would love to go again but alass no one to go with, no fishing equipment anymore, no boat, nothing :cry:
but i can pretend :lol:
but its just not the same, i'm probley really crap at it but either way its still fun.

nice fish buga buga

Well there you go....i wouldn't have picked you for liking fishing Bry.....i don't know any women that like fishing.....good to see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back