For the doubters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he he he
suprised? nah i love it, went once with my mates and all their girlfriends kept calling them going 'arn't you done yet' so i promptly took their mobiles off them turned them off and put them in my bag.
he he he

Well there you go....i wouldn't have picked you for liking fishing Bry.....i don't know any women that like fishing.....good to see

I know heaps of girls who like fishing! My last two g/f's were really keen on fishing, and both had dads with boats, which was really cool :D

nice and convenient sdaji i like it. :lol:

Yeah, I had a conversation recently with a girl I was a bit keen on and she asked about my ex's, I told her about the dads' boats and she was a bit upset since she didn't like fishing etc etc and told me to put up a personal ad along the lines of 'single guy looking for female partner, must have father with fishing boat'
:)

When I worked catching aquarium fish off Cairns We used to go out to the reef overnight. At the end of the first day I would grab the gun and bop dinner, normally a coral trout. The fish would go from sea to plate in less than 10 minutes. End of second day, a couple of more trout would meet the working end of the spear. These provided food for the time on shore.

I got sick of coral trout :shock:

And here is some piccies to prove it......lol

Holy crap Hugsta,what took the other half of that blue shark in the second pic you posted?Tiger shar?

Cool mate. Fishing, regardless of type, seems to satisfy some primitive urge in us that we like to pretend we have grown out of.

Absolutely. Get a couple of the most cultured blokes in the field with some guns, and you'll soon be telling them "no, don't shoot the possums, don't shoot the cows."
How many people would fish if fish could scream?

How many people would fish if fish could scream?

I would. Then again, I've also hunted animals that scream.

I reckon anyone that wouldn't be prepared to kill an animal that will scream shouldn't eat meat.

lol, that reminds me of an episode of the cartoon 'The Powerpuff Girls' where there was a song along the lines of 'if I was a fish I'd SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!!!!!!!!' and they started screaming. Bizarre stuff! :)

This would have to be my fav fishing pic.....taken a couple of years ago, of my and a friend :)

It not the best pic cos i had to scan it but you'll get the idea :D

Taking a photo of yourself doing something in front of a sign which says not to do it is just soooo lame.
;)

Lame or not we couldn't resist :) .....the guy that owned the place was always tryin to kick us out.....still does. :D

Holy crap Hugsta,what took the other half of that blue shark in the second pic you posted?Tiger shar?
Hey Browns, that is the remains of a mako shark estimated at about 150kilos. It was chomped in half with one, yes one bite from a great white shark after I the mako and myself had been battling out for about 3 1/2hrs on 15kg.
When the mako swam to the boat and took the bait he was destined for tag and release. Unfortunately he became dinner for a great white.......

Wow!!!That would've been wild to see.....I've seen some wild stuff with sharks but never anything quite like that...whereabouts did that take place mate?

It was off the shelf out of Port Hacking fishing the Port Hacking 100 tournament about 12 odd yrs ago. It was the first shark I ever caught. Was pretty p!ssed too, all that time on stand up tackle to take half a fish back to shore.
Still, I managed to get some of the shark back......
My worst was about 6hrs on stand up 15kg fighting a tiger estimated at about 500+kg. He swam up the burley trail to the boat and took a large tuna bait. A southerly blew up out of nowhere and pumped up the swell to about 3m and the white caps were crashing into the boat (wasn't very good....) and a mutton bird flew into the line and broke it........man was I p!ssed then. But, that's the way it goes, he lived to fight another day after having a vigorous workout... :wink:

Cool stuff..i have a few friends that worked on the long line boats and have seen some wild photos and heard some mad stories too..I don't agrre with long lining...too many fish dead on the lines...

I love my fishing still and always eat what i catch these days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back