Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are individually housed in 20L tubs atop two strands of cord in a rack set-up. Hatchlings are kept in smaller tubs individually and basically identical to the adults.

Yeah pics would be great thanks, I always love seeing photos.

Sounds just like what I have mate u could prob keep 2 females in 1 tub but don't think I'd keep more then 2 unless it's a bigger tub. My 2 females get along great and when they were in separate tubs I did notice them always looking at each other. I have found that my 2 feed better together. If I notice any signs of then not feeding well or not getting along I will have them in a tub each.

Hey Dan,
Yeah, spread by fellow gecko keepers in this state. Seems it gets around like you said.

NPWS were meant to contact me in regards to some permits I am chasing however they haven't gotten around to it so I'll call them again this week.
any news on this? I am curious.

Nah, no UV lighting. The simplest style seems to work best. Tub with a lot of compactable soil so burrows can be excavated. Keep one end dry and warm, one end moist and cool. Feed on approprate sized crickets (I remove hopper legs) and spray the geckos multiple times weekly.

I suppose you could use a water bowl if you wanted but I don't, it would most likely be filled with sand in a matter of hours anyway as they continually renovate their enclosure. I use packed play-pit sand from Mitre 10, I've found it to be not very course and it compacts when moist so it's optimum for when they dig burrows.

There are a few around for sale these days, look through the 'For Sale' threads. They are around $250-$350ea.

Some Phyllurrus platurus
Highly underrated imo
100_2733.jpg
ltty.jpg
100_2624.jpg

Phyllurrus platurus look pretty cool to me, i have noticed leaftails are rarely seen for sale in Vic.

I agree that Stellatus along with Laevissimus are certainly under rated!
I dont have many pics of my Stellatus, but here are a few...
StellaDaughter-1.jpg
IMGP2961.jpg
3-1.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
IMGP6241.jpg

Wizz,. unfortunately SXR are no longer working on the Deleani project , which is a real disappointment :(
If anyone else is, I would love to hear from them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love some leavissimus... unfortunately not too many of them around as for the other nephs stellatus are'nt allowed in mex, heck we can't even get wheleeris and are just lucky enough to be able to keep the roughs (barring sheai) and leaftails in the last re-shuffle.

Thanks heaps Kelly for the contribution :). I was hoping you would add to it.

Do you have any new N.laevissimus photos to add, yes, I know, I'm greedy :lol:

lovely assortment of gex,im still yet to keep any,does this thread relate to gex or all forgotten reps,me personally ,i find my passion lies in large skinks,all monitors and med/large dragons

though if i purchase a gecko im quite posative i wouldnt stop at one,beautiful animals

richardsc,
My intention was for photos of most lizards that seem to be given the back end, not just geckos.

My apologies as the thread has steered towards a Nephrurus stellatus sort of focus. I would love to see some photos of your skinks so please post them up.

No worries :)
here are some of my Laevissimus.
Sorry some of the pics are a bit crap,. they were not really in the mood for pics & kept taking off
They are intriguing creatures,.
I love their patterning, they are so neat.
Some of them look a bit skeletal, they have very unusual skin & its alot thinner then all the other Knobbies,.
I LOVE them & I am pleased I added them to my collection

IMGP6821.jpg
IMGP6826.jpg
IMGP6817.jpg
IMGP6809.jpg
IMGP6783.jpg
IMGP6781.jpg
IMGP6773.jpg
IMGP6762.jpg
IMGP6811.jpg
IMGP6827.jpg
IMGP6765.jpg
LaevissimusPair.jpg

DSCF1638.jpg

Woops...

Here is an all-too-often-forgotten common Lowland Blotched Blue tongue Skink. T. Nigrolutea.
These are without doubt one of my favorite species to keep but no-one seems to appreciate them.
Our pet-shops rarely sell them here because "no-one wants to buy them".
I have to virtually give away juvs because any price is apparently too high.
They are so easy to keep, easy to breed, they require no license, are handle-able and hardy.
What more could you ask for?

Last edited:
interesting patterning on your blotchie,there one of my favourite species,i keep lowlands and 3 type localities of highlands blotchys

rocket i like the gex pics,ill have to find some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back