Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a few skinks

Attachments

• 598_034_2.jpg
    598_034_2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 598_056_1.jpg
    598_056_1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 598_074_1.jpg
    598_074_1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 598_P3060167_Small_2.jpg
    598_P3060167_Small_2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 598_P8140366_Small_1.jpg
    598_P8140366_Small_1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 94
  • 598_PC150022_Small_1.jpg
    598_PC150022_Small_1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 598_PC150025_Small_1.jpg
    598_PC150025_Small_1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 81
Hey Geckoman, Thanks for posting pics of the Platurus they are a great looking gecko. I love that head on shot you have previously posted with an evil look about him/her. Be good to see it again ;) Would you say a 60x45x60 would house a pair/trio of these guys?? I was planning get a small dragon but am sticking with Geckos for this tank.

Great pics too Kelly loven the colours in the 3rd and 2nd last pics of the Laevissimus.

For my add to the topic I think Dip Galeatus are a visual marvel that for what ever reason seems to be not as predominant as it should be. A species on my wishlist.

Hey Geckoman, Thanks for posting pics of the Platurus they are a great looking gecko. I love that head on shot you have previously posted with an evil look about him/her. Be good to see it again ;) Would you say a 60x45x60 would house a pair/trio of these guys?? I was planning get a small dragon but am sticking with Geckos for this tank.

Great pics too Kelly loven the colours in the 3rd and 2nd last pics of the Laevissimus.

For my add to the topic I think Dip Galeatus are a visual marvel that for what ever reason seems to be not as predominant as it should be. A species on my wishlist.
Hey,
No worrys, I'll think I know which picture you mean, ill dig it up now.
In regards to the enclosure size if its 60 high then that will be fine 2-5 adults imo.
When housing them make sure you include large pieces of sandstone forming a cave so on hot days they have somewhere cool to hang out.

Thanks Josh

Copy2ofCopyof100_2752.jpg

Last edited:
Aha,...that be the one ;) Thanks Josh I love that pic,.....Cheers for the tip too. When you say up to 5 are these all female except one male or can multiple males be housed together?? Im not a big fan of housing pairs but if they are cool in groups like Dip Galeatus that sounds good.

Reptilife, great looking T.nigrolutea, you're right, they are unappreciated and make such great pets due to their diverse range of colouration and patterning and beautiful temperaments.

Great looking skinks richardsc. I've always been fond of the Centralian Blueys and will one day endeavour to buy some.

Kelly, you love making people jealous don't you!? Great looking N.laevissimus! I must get some eventually but not anytime soon unfortunately. It's great to see you are doing well with them and seem to have them in good numbers.

Hey Smithers,
I keep Diplodactylus galeatus and you're right, they're a beautiful species. Extraordinary hunters too with a bottomless pit of a stomach. I need to get some new ones but here's some old photos:

Attachments

• P1200023.JPG
    P1200023.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 89
  • P1200034.JPG
    P1200034.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 86
Aha,...that be the one ;) Thanks Josh I love that pic,.....Cheers for the tip too. When you say up to 5 are these all female except one male or can multiple males be housed together?? Im not a big fan of housing pairs but if they are cool in groups like Dip Galeatus that sounds good.
I haven't tried housing multiple males but my guess is they would act like most other species and fight during breeding season

Hey Rocket, Do you keep these in groups I have heard they can be housed with multiple males no harm done?? Lil treasures these I think,..it's just Im cash strapped when breeders sell them damn it :p

I haven't tried housing multiple males but my guess is they would act like most other species and fight during breeding season

Thanks Josh,...one male it is then :)

Hey Rocket, Do you keep these in groups I have heard they can be housed with multiple males no harm done?? Lil treasures these I think,..it's just Im cash strapped when breeders sell them damn it :p

I only house a pair together and have another juvenile kept individually that I'm waiting to see the sex of as it matures. They have a tonne of personality and unlike the general conception of Diplodactylus being terrestrial, these things run all over the walls of the cage. Then again, they are in plastic tubs and their claws must be able to get a good foothold on the walls. I'm unsure how they'd go in glass enclosures though so needless to say, I use lids! They have laid eggs but have stopped for the season and the eggs they did lay, were laid in dry soil and quickly deteriorated unfortunately.

Last edited:

I only house a pair together and have another juvenile kept individually that I'm waiting to see the sex of as it matures. They have a tonne of personality and unlike the general conception of Diplodactylus being terrestrial, these things run all over the walls of the cage. Then again, they are in plastic tubs and their claws must be able to get a good foothold on the walls. I'm unsure how they'd go in glass enclosures though so needless to say, I use lids! They have laid eggs but have stopped for the season and the eggs they did lay, were laid in dry soil and quickly deteriorated unfortunately.

Bummer about the eggs,...next time. I remember Tim Portas having a group housed together without issues just thought I'd check with another breeder to see how you do things. Tim actually posted a pick of one of his clambering the walls of the tub with a pellet of spent food stuck up on the walls so they should be classed as terrestrial/arborial maybe.

Hi Rocket
Did NPWS tell you this directly? I know this has been spread around by various people (I have even been told this), but have you asked NPWS?

Daniel
I have been told directly by NPWS it is true they dont want them in the hobby.

I don't know why I haven't seen too many Tiliqua multifasciata or Tiliqua occipitalis for sale.
My multifasciata is great, though he needs it around 34 in the hot end of his enclosure.
At least it warms my room up!

hey rocket,

i have a juvy pair of galeatus i origanily got off levis04, that i am moving on to concentrate on levis and stels so if ya need new blood pm me,

regards mick

Thanks for the offer Cabb11age but I'll be right, I don't need anymore D.galeatus.

Do you have any photos of your N.stellatus?

as a few of you would be aware of i just love the smaller "forgotten" species, i keep a few small skink species and plan to expand into some of the more forgotten gex and pygopods next season. N. stellatus is at the top of my want list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back