Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was concreting the floor for my new aviary yesterday and had some concrete left over so I decided to concrete a pad in my EWD enclosure so my beer drinking chair had a nice solid surface.

At the same time my wife was cutting some fern trees. I had heard about perople making fossil rocks so I asked for a leaf and then proceeded to concrete it into the slab. It runed out better than I thought.

I used brown oxide in the concrete and then covered the slab in snad to make the non-fossil part lighter in colour.

What do you think?

Now I have a nice beer drinking spot.

I think you need a better beer chair ! :mrgreen:

I know a few people i'd like to try that with ! bit more concrete tho !

its very well done peter, theres a guy round here that does smaller ones like that, but makes them like paving slabs, then he sells them down the car boot sales, im sure he makes good money too!

Hehe Thanks Mark. No money left for a beer chair 'cause I spend it all on Beer!!!

Yeah, thats it Gilleni!!! And I much prefer 2230 to 10.30 as well so even better on the 24 hr clock.

peterjohnson64 said:
My wife was cutting some fern trees. I had heard about perople making fossil rocks so I asked for a leaf and then proceeded to concrete it into the slab. It runed out better than I thought.

I used brown oxide in the concrete and then covered the slab in snad to make the non-fossil part lighter in colour.

What do you think?

Now I have a nice beer drinking spot.

Firstly, your wife was cutting the ferns.......lovely!! :roll:

Secondly, you were thinking of ways to make your beer drinking spot better while your wife was doing work!

Thirdly, had you already had beer before typing this post eg "perople, runed and snad", is this code :lol:

Hey come on. I was concreting!!! And she wanted the ferns cut, not me!! And as for spelling, I'm employed for my numbers not my words. (except in politics I guess) :D

Everytime I see that enclosure I want one just like it!! Very nice job with the cement 'fossil' Peter, it looks really great!

Hi Yommy, the fossil bit is in my lizard enclosure. You can see the roof of the diamond aviary on th eground in the background. It goes on this week. I just have the diamonds roaming around the back yard until then hehehe. Hey its 2230!!!

Umm, actually mate, I think it's Lima - daylight saving remember.

And yes, the enclosure comes straight off our house. theres a heap of pics of it in the "outdoor enclosure" section of the galleries.

Looks great mate, now i won't sink into the sand! Hope the dragons didn't lay any eggs under there! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back