FOUND / RESCUED PYTHON morayfield area qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi .
rescued python of road as it was about to get run over out front of my house .
so if anyone has lost a pyton around morayfield area please let me know what you are missing ?
type , length , any markings .
thanks ricky

how do you know if it's a pet?? It could be a wild one...

if it is a pet, I hope you find the owner

If u don't find the owner let me no coz I work at deagon race track n we are in big need of pythons to keep the rats under control

I will let you know .
im just thinking it is a pet as im in built up area n several people in the street have snakes that have been here for over 10years and have never seen or heard of snakes roaming free in neighbour hood .
also looks in awesome conditon and didnt try bite me when i picked it up .

maybe take it to australia zoo wildlife hospital they will take great care of it any snake i find... thats the first place i take it they,ll keep it for about a week then you can go and pick it up when they give it the all clear on its health

If you know what species it is then maybe also check the locality range of the species and see if it could be a wild one.
At this time of the year they would be looking for food and considering mice and rats live in/around houses it isn't really strange that you would find one even if it's a built up area. Down here there has been a mice and rat problem over winter (not sure about up there) so the snake may be in good condition if it has fed up nicely before it got too cold and been in a shed throughout winter.

I am not doubting the possibility of it being a captive animal but you can never be sure that it isn't wild.

Try doorknocking around your area or putting an ad in the local paper (if you have one for your area) or an ad on gumtree even and maybe take it to a vets (Australia Zoo one sounds good and isn't terribly too far away from where you are) to be checked over and scanned for a chip.

Good luck finding the owner if it has one, please keep us updated.

I think i read a post about someone losing a black and white interglade..
check todays posts if thats what it is cause its his last snake and he's missing it dearly..
I think the thread is stolen snake.
Might of been at redcliffe.. but worth asking i guess.

Hi,

It is probably a wild one, there are plenty of Carpet pythons and the occasional Spotted python in your area.

Cheers,
Al

then anyone can just claim it...and while they could just show older photos of the snake to confirm it's there's, there might not be any...I think remaining photoless is a better idea.

What species?

Carpet pythons are ridiculously common over most of QLD, even in suburbia.
Also the python not biting doesn't doesn't suggest hint to it not being wild.

Ok so how about just confirming weather or not it is the black and white intergrade that went missing. +1 on the photo comment. But seriously is any chance of a rough description, ie rough length, main color make up ect. Maybe throw a false detail in there to help weed the liars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back