Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_ashby

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Taken last weekend at my in-laws place. And no- I didn't do anything to piss it off!

snake4.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

snake1.jpg

wow! nice photography!
i love eastern browns they are a cool snake... besides thier temper lol
i wish i could see some in the wild round my place... unfrtunately i live in suburbia :rolleyes:

-Nat ;)

Nat- you may be closer to one than you know- when we used to live on the Gold Coast I was forever seeing a big fat brown sunning by our pool. They were very common there.

some great photos!
lovely snake that one is : )

I was bummed that the last one didn't come out better- but at that point I was strategically withdrawing, and the crazy ******* started to charge me. After that, he coiled up even higher, so that half his body was bunched up off the ground. It was a pretty impressive sight!

Hey Bob, spectacular photography mate, do you mind if I ask what type of camera you took those on and what zoom you were using.

Mr- it's a Canon 30D SLR with a 100-400L IS attached- the quality of the photos is more a result of the gear than the photographer......

Beautiful pics and why not take the credit for yourself. You had to take the pics. The camera only does a little of the work :)

Awesome pics mate, well done on getting great shots.
lovely coloured snae, he's beautiful...

wow! he is gorgeous!!! how evil does he look in the 2nd and 3rd shots lol

Bob - That red speckling on the stomach is amazing, most I have seen have a greyish speckle...

Those are absolutely amazing photos of a stunning looking Brown - and their threat/strike posture always looks amazing - you did a great job getting those shots...how close did you have to get?

About 7 metres Aslan, though the first (not posted here) were from the top of the stairs looking down onto him, about 3 metres. Those were QUICK snaps before I wetnt and changed lenses to a telephoto.

Anyone wants to cone catch him, I'm sure the inlaws would be happy to part with his company. He was back about 2 hours later, wandering around the perimeter of their house. My father-in-law rapped on the window, trying to chase him away, and he rared up again and had a go at the glass.

A real cuddly little guy :).

By the way, he was about 2 metres.

Hey Bob! Very nice camera work,,,, i bet the heart was thumpin though when he charged at ya.......... I used to live between Wagga and Albury little place called Henty, on the farms we always had lots of browns,, big ones like yours,,,,,,,, sometimes before Tennis we used to have to chase them off the clay courts cos they liked to bask in the sun there.......

cheers mate great work I'm envious of your pics wanna get some great ones myself

Stroppy- use the looooong lens! LOL

Definitely not a job for a macro lens....

fine pics indeed
vens are definately on the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back