Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he likes you, bob :)

Some nice shots; bugger about the focus in the last one though!

wow. Hope you don't mind I have stolen your 3rd photo. Its my desktop back ground. Well done. I am in the market for a new camera. That is the sort of photos I want to be able to take, with the lack of experience I have.

B-Rock, you can pick up recently out-dated DSLRs with the manufacturer's warranty for pretty cheap. Stick to Canon or Nikon, or maybe Pentax, as they have the biggest range of lenses available.

I'd go for a Canon 350D- they are cheap as chips now.

Bear in mind though- those pics were taken with $4,000 worth of camera gear. Photography is ALMOST as expensive of a hobby as herpetology.........

Lots of point-and-shoots will get you great quality too- the panasonic lumix is a great camera, as is the Canon G9. You'll want a tripod or a monopod too.

Oh, not another Canon user........... :)

Shameless promotion; I'm actually looking to offload a Nikon D100, so if anyone's interested, send me a PM. Also looking to offload the 80-200mm F2.8 ED (pro-grade lens).

B-Rock, you can pick up recently out-dated DSLRs with the manufacturer's warranty for pretty cheap. Stick to Canon or Nikon, or maybe Pentax, as they have the biggest range of lenses available.

I'd go for a Canon 350D- they are cheap as chips now.

Bear in mind though- those pics were taken with $4,000 worth of camera gear. Photography is ALMOST as expensive of a hobby as herpetology.........

Lots of point-and-shoots will get you great quality too- the panasonic lumix is a great camera, as is the Canon G9. You'll want a tripod or a monopod too.

wow! nice photography!
i love eastern browns they are a cool snake... besides thier temper lol
i wish i could see some in the wild round my place... unfrtunately i live in suburbia :rolleyes:

-Nat ;)
We used to see them everywhere.

Great photos! Crazy to think that we have the world's second most venomous snake living in our backyards. Love this country :D

lol. And why not? They're the cameras of kings!

Truth be told, I used to shoot with Canon gear (350D, coincidentally), but developed an interest in IR photography, where Canon simply doesn't compete in my experience (worse hot-spotting etc). Besides that and the fact that I prefer Nikon design--they feel better in my hands--Canon's are great.

Okay, I apologise for hijacking the thread. I'll be quiet now.

No Nikons here mate..........lol

I only bought Canon because the spouse loves Canon stuff- she has a pair of 30-year-old A1's that work like they were made yesterday. I like Canon's high ISO performance, but Nikons certainly have their advantages.

Nice :)

So you/she still shoot with the A1? I can't really afford to be shooting film these days, otherwise I might put more film through my F4e.

Canon did indeed have better high ISO performance, but I think Nikon may be catching up these days. My D50 is great in that regard. Regardless, the newer Nikons at least perform well enough in my opinion.

I guess the better high ISO performance would have more of an impact depending on your use as well. If you do a lot of lowlight photography it would be very important, but for me, I'm mainly doing landscapes or playing with strobes, so that doesn't bother me much anyway.

Sorry, I know I promised to be quiet :D

I only bought Canon because the spouse loves Canon stuff- she has a pair of 30-year-old A1's that work like they were made yesterday. I like Canon's high ISO performance, but Nikons certainly have their advantages.

BEST PICS EVA

LOL i think the forum is very appreciative of your pics
they are the best ones ive seen posted on the forum
its hard to get a wild brown snake to do that they just
sorta slither off usually

It's horses for courses really, but at the end of the day they're both offer lightyears beyond what I can do, so it really doesn't matter. I do use the high ISO, but not heaps.

We rarely use the A1's- the cost of devleopment is so high- that's why we went digital in the first place.

Thanks Snake Pimp- I'll process the rest tommorrow and see if there are any more keepers.

Nat- you may be closer to one than you know- when we used to live on the Gold Coast I was forever seeing a big fat brown sunning by our pool. They were very common there.
I live on the coast and have been on acreage for 7 years and I havent seen a single snake:(
Evidently they used to get Browns on our property all the time, but since the housing boom, they seem to have disapeared.

I live on the coast and have been on acreage for 7 years and I havent seen a single snake:(
Evidently they used to get Browns on our property all the time, but since the housing boom, they seem to have disapeared.

Don't get me wrong- I love all snakes, but some are better in the bush, and not on your front porch. I'd rather see a nice fat python at my pool, or a red belly black. In our 1/4 acre in Elanora, we came across atleast 2 brown snakes, I dug up a pale-headed snake in the garden, and we had a whip snake breeding frenzy in the front yard, with atleast 7 whip snakes hanging out on the front walk at once. We used to see Mrs Whipsnake (she was a bit of a tart when the mood struck her) almost every day.

the amazing thing about browns,is there is a species of brown snake in every region
of the australian mainland,
and small islands off Australia like the tanners brown off south of west Australia

is there a more widespread species than the brown?
perhaps theres more individual brown snakes than any other species
does any one know any facts or figures there numbers?

Cheers for the advice bob_ashby.

Thing is I would like to spend less then $1000. I realise this limits me a little as I want a digital SLR. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back