Friendly Lizard Ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin1

Reaction score
I have a spare 90 x 40 x 40cm tank that I would like to put in the living room as a home for a people-friendly lizard (or two) that doesn't mind being handled occasionally.

I'm new to keeping lizards, so I'm looking for a species that is good for beginners. After looking into bearded dragons it has become apparent that this tank is too small for an adult.

My mother was rather taken by what I think were some pygmy bearded dragons in the pet store that were scurrying around and peering out at people who walked past. Perhaps pygmy beardies would be appropriate?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Love shinglebacks! I wish my mum would let me get one.....not allowed any more reptiles apparantly....

Shinglebacks are a kind, sweet natured lizard species with an incredible appearance! Then again are you after a more active species? If you are pygmy beardie would be the way to go

I know you said lizard but you could also house geckos in that size! Some of the bigger geckos such as barking geckos or Levis are cool. Just a thought.

Blue Tongues are friendly. Bearded Dragons are great once they are hand tame however they need regular handling to get tame. We have blue Tongues and Beardies and i find the blue Tongues easier to tame and don't have to be handled Alot.

I do have a barking gecko, but I'm looking for a species that's more active during the day and actually doesn't mind handling.

Are blue tongues and shinglebacks better for beginners than the pygmies?

Thanks for all the suggestions, by the way.

IMO shingles and blueys are a better starter lizard than a Pygmy beardie because the have a calmer nature and don't need a lot of handling to tame! Even in the wild you can just pick one up and it will be super docile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back