From little things SNAKE food GROWS ..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbellybite

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
here are some pics of my little bantam chickies(hatched over the last day or so ) ..so gorgeous, so cute so gonna feed them to my snakes .............

DSCF3314.jpg

DSCF3315.jpg

DSCF3316.jpg

DSCF3317.jpg

I hate raising chicks, with the constant feeding and watering but it's worth it in the end. I have got 4 left out of 65 I got in October. My aim is to get the remaining roosters to make little fertile eggs with my chooks, and let the chooks raise the little chicks next time. Looking at one of my scrubbies sitting here with a kilo of organic free-range chicken in her belly is rewarding enough to make me get another 100 roosters in the next fortnight!

i have chooks as well the aim here being a)eggs and meat for us
b) chicks for the snakes
c)great fertilizer for the garden

I also hatch quails for the same reasons,
They alos make great pets for the kids.

awww I am not gonna feed them now ,while their so cutezy wutezy ... I am at least waiting till they get to that awkward looking stage ;) ......

I am sorry if I upset some, but this is a fact not all of us buy our snake food frozen and from a shop ....

My 3 hens still are sitting on 12 eggs ...so am hoping to get some more....;)

I'm in tears RBB.... you cruel person....

Do you ever eat them yourself? thats what I would be doing with them, stuff the snakes...

I'm in tears RBB.... you cruel person....

Do you ever eat them yourself? thats what I would be doing with them, stuff the snakes...
these are bantams so no we dont bother ...when I get set up on my own block ..we will be getting meat chooks and turkeys and then we will do our own ...
I have in the past done our own ...meat tastes so much better and the fact you know whats been going into them is peace of mind ...cant wait to do it again

Oh yum, would snakes eat duck? Duck is yumyumym. And duck eggs. yum! I really have to move to the country.

Haha those chicks will be ugly looking in no time at all :p

how do you go about getting the day old chicks that are otherwise culled from the meatworks? i mean, i'm interested in doing this myself for my olives but wouldnt have the foggiest about where to get either fertilized eggs or the roosters? i have chooks for eggs, but cant have a rooster as im in suburbia... any tips? sorry to thread hijack RBB!!

even without the rooster hens can get clucky ,if you notice your girls getting clucky and not wanting to get off the nest ..keep note and find out where to get fertile eggs from(am not sure on that but some one on here should know) ..once you have them ,mark them and stick them under her ..she will do the rest ...take out the unmarked eggs and you should in the end get some nice chickies ...

Just found another 3 chicks this morning ...my snake food is increasing every few days ;)
9 eggs are still in the nest ....

how do you go about getting the day old chicks that are otherwise culled from the meatworks? i mean, i'm interested in doing this myself for my olives but wouldnt have the foggiest about where to get either fertilized eggs or the roosters? i have chooks for eggs, but cant have a rooster as im in suburbia... any tips? sorry to thread hijack RBB!!

You can buy fertilized eggs from petlink.com.au in the poulty section. Most of the time they'll post them to you as well.

roast dinner

here are some pics of my little bantam chickies(hatched over the last day or so ) ..so gorgeous, so cute so gonna feed them to my snakes .............

ooooh whats the matter santa didn't come to you this year..............:cry:
slaughter them:evil:

So is feeding snakes chicks instead of rats better?
just a variety thats all ...I breed rats and guinea pigs too ...just at the moment all my rat meals are in the freezer and my gp's havent had the bubs just yet ,but my chooks have ...I will grow these little ones up a bit before I cull ..as I want to keep the hens ..so only the roosters will go to my snakes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back