From little things SNAKE food GROWS ..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feed my snake DEAD rats from the petshop. How can anyone breed and raise pets if you know they are only going to be killed. That is so cruel. How can anyone even live that life. And yes i do love my bredli. Would you like it if someone bred and raised you, you trusted them and then you were feed to an animal. I dont think so.

So those rats have always been dead?

When are we gunna see the 'action' shots RBB? :D

Last edited:
I feed my snake DEAD rats from the petshop. How can anyone breed and raise pets if you know they are only going to be killed. That is so cruel....Would you like it if someone bred and raised you, you trusted them and then you were feed to an animal. I dont think so.

My answer is yes, considering the alternatives. I would rather be cared for and live the best possible life prior to my death, irrespective of whose hand may kill me.

If I am to take the life of an animal for my snakes food, I am happy to do it myself and acknowledge the reality of death. Should I keep myself isolated from the animal whose death I am ultimately responsible for, or should I accept responsibility for the stewardship of that animal until it is ready to be killed for its intended purpose?

Enough. I am proud to be going to bed at night knowing that i havent taken an innocent baby's life and feeling guilty. You on the other hand will be. If you have a heart.

What were the rats you feed to your snake guilty of? Is feeding them to a snake punishment for their loss of innocence?

You get to go to sleep proud to have supported someone who works in a rat breeding establishment to kill your innocent animal for you. If I am to kill, I don't need to hire someone to do it for me. Sleep well.

(EDIT: I was going to say "Life is difficult, there are no easy answers, and paradox is there to be embraced not understood, which in itself is a paradox to be embraced". But I wasn't sure if you wanted to engage more eloquently, thence I refrained).

Last edited:
Do you understand english. You will be feeling guilty because you took the life of a poor baby animal. I can rest and sleep in peace because i didnt. Enough said at least i can sleep easy.

Enough. I am proud to be going to bed at night knowing that i havent taken an innocent baby's life and feeling guilty. You on the other hand will be. If you have a heart.

Unless you're a vegetarian and don't feed your reptiles rats, mice, chickens or any other type of poultry to your reptiles, you really shouldn't be pointing a finger. Because believe it or not, ALL meat products were alive at some stage and what you are saying is completely ridiculous and not to mention really really not called for.

Do you understand english. You will be feeling guilty because you took the life of a poor baby animal. I can rest and sleep in peace because i didnt. Enough said at least i can sleep easy.
Your a hypocrite! ....Just because your buying dead frozen rats ..doesnt mean you are not participating in the process of CUSTOMER NEED ...you may not actually be pulling the trigger, but your just as guilty as for holding the gun and aiming ...just someone is doing your dirty work for you ,so you can justify sleeping in peace at night PFFFFFFTTTTTTT :rolleyes:

I cull my snake food humanly ...I dont keep mine in small tight cages or over crowded conditions ,I feed them a healthy diet they are doing their chicky /rattie/guinea piggy thing right up untill the day of culling ...I dont get my jollys in KILLING anything ...but my PET SNAKES need to eat as well ...so what is wrong with me being their provider of food ? and what is wrong with me giving them the most organic food I can give them?

You need to get over yourself and your high unrealistic morals ...

You lot are a joke. I am not going to waste anymore of my time on you cruel people.

You lot are a joke. I am not going to waste anymore of my time on you cruel people.
thats right cause we all forgot that MEAT comes in styrofoam trays ,MILK comes from cartons and we all live in the land of WOOLWORTHS!! :rolleyes:

I won't be feeling guilty because I took the life of a "poor baby animal". If I was to tread that path I would be cut down by such a tremendous burden of guilt, borne on the fate of every animal with whom I have been involved with in a entropic, trophic fashion.

I feel good fostering an enjoyable, albeit short by design, life for the animals I raise as livestock for either myself or other animals in my care. I can not abide by a reduction in quality of life for any animal irrespective of its fate.

Henceforth arrives our mutual solution: Redbellybite and I will exchange chickens prior to culling, averting the emotional trauma otherwise inflicted on innocent internet bystanders as a consequence of "killing our own pets".

What do you think? Will this work?

Last edited:
Argh the good old land of Woolworths...where everything is born already dead and frozen for our convenience.

*edit* you beat me to it RBB lol

lol, im thinking i may have to branch into this, oppps no the wife just put her foot down, lol,

Your a hypocrite! ....Just because your buying dead frozen rats ..doesnt mean you are not participating in the process of CUSTOMER NEED ...you may not actually be pulling the trigger, but your just as guilty as for holding the gun and aiming ...just someone is doing your dirty work for you ,so you can justify sleeping in peace at night PFFFFFFTTTTTTT :rolleyes:

You need to get over yourself and your high unrealistic morals ...

thats right cause we all forgot that MEAT comes in styrofoam trays ,MILK comes from cartons and we all live in the land of WOOLWORTHS!! :rolleyes:

it carnt be put any other way

I feed my snake DEAD rats from the petshop.
Well sweetie, the ratties aren't born frozen ;)

How do you think the rats in the petshop go? probably quite inhumane.

Luckily for these chicks RBB is a nice woman so she'll probably be nice and quick about it. :)

Im Sorry for my little outburst. I am aware that this goes on and you and everybody's snakes/pets have to be feed. Either brought dead or culled in a humane way. I am not a greenie at all and i do realise this has to be done and probably is better to do it that way so you know what you are feeding your snake. Personally i love chickens/chooks but i do also realise they are food. Im just frustrated because i posted a link of a snake being killed and it got deleted as the words of the moderator "We know this happens but we dont really need to see it because there are children on this site". So i think what goes for one goes for all. I am sorry if i offended anyone.

Thanks for the heads up Rainbow-Serpent and you are probably quite right in saying "How do you think the rats in the petshop go? probably quite inhumane".

There is no doubt that RBB probably is nice and does it quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back