Front page pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitmore

Reaction score
Just an observation, and one for the admins to consider, the picture of the carpet eating a rat on the front page probably isn't the most appealing image to someone who may stumble on this site. I personally couldn't care less but my sister-in-law has seen it a couple of times and always makes some derogatory comment. It's certainly a turn off to anyone who may just be curious about our hobby and comes across APS. I know it's reality but the rats face still looking at you as it goes down the hatch has the potential to upset the ignorant.
Perhaps a nice pic of a green python or something else would be more appropriate.
Something to consider.

If somebody can't stomach a picture of a snake eating a rat then the hobby is probably not for them anyway.
The photo has sentimental value too.

the only time i get too see a mouses face is when my male diamond eats he always eats back end first. :twisted:

You have to be kidding splitmore, have you only just noticed it mate? LMAO :lol: Anyone intrested in snakes will have to get used to the idea anyway! Imo theres plenty else to be offended about. :roll:

I see your point. But maybe if you point out to your wife that that IS what they eat and the rodent population will boom without these predators. Really, it's called the food chain, Also, tell her that this is one gentle snake, he is sweet natured, predictable (to a point) and easy to handle.
I don't like to think of Urkel having his name muddied - lol, a pun. Because he truely is one fine python.

I love it. I love the snake personally. He belongs to Shadow now. You know, he only likes to eat mice. So, that's a good photo.

Mudmum :)

You have to be kidding splitmore, have you only just noticed it mate? LMAO
No Instar, I'm well aware it's been there since this site's been up and running and to be perfecly honest hadn't spared a thought for it till my sister-in-law picked up on it and made comment.

Actually, my main concern is that the mouse appears to be live?
Surely appearing to advocate live feeding is not a good thing.
By the way, there is also a lizard forum here and one relating to turts and frogs. Neither of these necessaraly eats rodents.

By the way, there is also a lizard forum here and one relating to turts and frogs. Neither of these necessaraly eats rodents.

Actually they both can and do, though not as a staple. :wink:

hey splitmore does ur sister in law watch u feed ur snakes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back