Front page pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it, the mouse looks so comfy in there anyway.....he must be a happy mice..... :roll: :lol:

That picture has been on the home page since the early days. Imagine how many potential members it has turned away. It would explain the lack of members and general interest in the site.
I say get rid of the pic and stand back for the stampede of new members!

:p I can assure everybody the mouse aint alive,it was a fresh killed mouse & urk was only a hatchy at the time & wouldnt eat anything else.I also think the pic should stay,its like asking holden to change from a lion to a tabby cat cause lions scare the kids.

cheers popp :p

By the way, there is also a lizard forum here and one relating to turts and frogs. Neither of these necessaraly eats rodents.

Actually they both can and do, though not as a staple.

Are you claiming that my spelling of necessarily is so bad that you can't understand it?
Or just being obtrusive?

:roll: Is sarcasm your only means of expression? or just moody today?
Im just saying mice are are food for all creatures in these forums, and if the pic upsets folk, tough! :lol:

And I'm saying that not all people who keep frogs or lizards feed them rodents.

On of the side effects of todays society is that we get insulated from the food chain. I know a few carnivorous people that can't eat any part of an animal if it is recognizable as an animal part, one couldn't eat chicken with the skin on. :?

mmmmm roasted chicken skin...laaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh <----drooling noise

That picture has been on the home page since the early days. Imagine how many potential members it has turned away. It would explain the lack of members and general interest in the site.

Hooray for keeping away morons!!

I say get rid of the pic and stand back for the stampede of new members!

I say leave it there and avoid the stampede of idiots flooding the place :) If people are squeamish about snakes eating rodents, perhaps this isn't the place for them.

Die mousey, die!!! :twisted:
;)

On of the side effects of todays society is that we get insulated from the food chain. I know a few carnivorous people that can't eat any part of an animal if it is recognizable as an animal part, one couldn't eat chicken with the skin on

I love eating animals which are still fully recognisable :) I'm possibly a little twisted, but the idea of the whole roast pig with the apple in its mouth, the whole fish on the plate and fully recognisable sea creatures all are really appealing to me, I'm also a bit twisted when it comes to playing with my food, especially when you can cook little ones whole and make them play together before eating them. Sometimes I'll stick one on a fork and pretend it's trying to get away from me and I grab it with my teeth. Yes, I know, I haven't grown up and probably never will! :D

i say leave it, but we should keep a eye out for a better snake pic

photo contest anyone :p ?

Quote:
I say leave it there and avoid the stampede of idiots flooding the place

It hasn't been too affective so far John.

Good point, you and I are here!

Quote:

Quote:
I say leave it there and avoid the stampede of idiots flooding the place

It hasn't been too affective so far John.

Good point, you and I are here!

Hey don't forget me, I'm here too.....

earthmother said:
I see your point. But maybe if you point out to your wife -so sorry I meant sister in law. - that that IS what they eat and the rodent population will boom without these predators. Really, it's called the food chain, Also, tell her that this is one gentle snake, he is sweet natured, predictable (to a point) and easy to handle.
I don't like to think of Urkel having his name muddied - lol, a pun. Because he truely is one fine python.

I love it. I love the snake personally. He belongs to Shadow now.

Mudmum :)

Tell her the facts of life and then go to a nice cat page where you can see pictures of peoples cats and their 'trophies' of reptiles. Killed for no more reason than to pass time.
Gosh IMHO - One woman being narrow minded doesn't constitute any changes.
Em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back