Front page pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point. But maybe if you point out to your wife -so sorry I meant sister in law. - that that IS what they eat and the rodent population will boom without these predators. Really, it's called the food chain, Also, tell her that this is one gentle snake, he is sweet natured, predictable (to a point) and easy to handle.
Em,
please, she's not that stupid to think that snakes live on fresh air and certainly couldn't care less about the nature of that particular snake.
Tell her the facts of life and then go to a nice cat page where you can see pictures of peoples cats and their 'trophies' of reptiles. Killed for no more reason than to pass time.

You've just highlighted my original point, I'm indifferent to cats but seeing one with a snake in it's mouth makes my blood boil. Maybe that pic could do the same to someone who's indifferent to snakes but likes warm fuzzy creatures?
Anyway as I said in my original post was just something I thought I'd throw up for discussion, the general concensus is that the pic stays but my honest opinion is that I'm sure there must be a far better pic somewhere we could use.

IMHO - it is very different. Note: I said the other animal kills for fun, reptiles kill to sustain their life.

Once again - One woman being narrow minded - no offense meant - doesn't constitute any changes.

Em :)

I'm sure there must be a far better pic somewhere we could use.

I agree Splitty, but it wouldn't be APS if we did, that pic IS APS in as much that it has been there a long time and is a trademark of the site if you ask me. Which, of course, you didn't but hey, thought I'd say it anyway :)

pfft with a capital T lol mate I agree with Greebs 1000% yes 1000%. If they can't handle a pic of a Python eating then they have no need to be here. KEEP IT

I have to agree with Splitmore, it is a valid point.
Just because it doesnt affect you it may disturb others.
There are so many good snake pics, maybe we could have a photo comp that gets that spot for a month, rotate the pic.
Lets face it, its an ordinary snake anyway. It would gross-out the average non-herping person.
Show them something that will impress them instead.

Greg said:
Nah leave it there, it seems to sum up the whole site I reckon. ;)

Anything wrong with our site Greg? I hope that you do not starting your old song again. You did received warning about this type of comments from Admins so please try to avoid them.

Ah, it's bash Greg again time is it Jan?

Am I the only one here NOT allowed to make jokes?
As far as what I said about the picture summing up this site, well doesn't it?? Isn't it Aussie Pythons???
For Christ's sake Jan. Don't take everything I say as an insult. Take it the same as everyone else's comical comments. You seem to single out my comments a lot Jan. I'd thought we'd moved past all this.
You're just upset about my post about the 2 people that didn't pay for the zoo tour. You've explained what's happened. Let it go old mate, let it go.

Greg.

Well Greg I do not find your post to funny. I do not think that we are flooded by idiots here on APS.
Mabe I have bad sence of humor, just do not see any joke in it.

But as you say, Let it go.

oh come on.......
wait......if i am correct that is the snake named urkel.....?
wich stevethepom owns right?
wrong i own that snake so leave it there.
even though it isn't in my house yet.he said i could have it.

any way if people like snakes and ''stumble'' upon this site they should understand.

i hope i'm right about that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back