fruit/veg for my water dragon.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mareebapython

Reaction score
just wanted to know what fruit/veg is good to feed a eastern water dragon? i have been feeding it carrot and lettuce but just wanted to change it around a bit.

cheers :)

Fruit and vegetables are essential parts of a balanced diet. It is important to remember that the captive diet can never completely match the variety and quality of a wild diet,
and therefore supplementation with vitamins and calcium is an essential part of captive
husbandry
remember that the captive diet can never completely match the variety and quality of a wild diet. Be careful of insecticides contamination of food items can kill your dragon. Fruit and veggies that you can feed your eastern water dragon are things like: Fruit that have good calcium content include figs, raspberries, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries ... starting to slide now on the amount of calcium ... I think mangos and papaya's are ok too? and Greens such as collards, dandelion (flowers edible too), and mustard greens. (Kale, spinach and other greens of this variety are high in oxalates which bind to calcium making it unusable) leafy veggies of the lettuce family have almost no nutrients thus are very low in value other than for their water content. Yellow squash, sweet potato, parsnips, green beans, and occasionally carrots ... Veggies such as broccoli contain oxalates and as stated above that binds to calcium rendering it unusable.

hope this helps you at feeding time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back